ES7 Upgrade for Rock, <$250
Jan 23, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #16 of 28
Ultrasone HFI-780 are great for rock. I've got both HFI-780 and ATH-ESW9s, and the ESW9s have been getting dust in my closet since the 780s arrived. But I do like the more aggressive sound sig of Ultrasones.
wink.gif

Jan 24, 2010 at 7:59 AM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you looking to stay closed OP?

Preferably yes , but if there's some awesome open headphone in my price range , suggest away !

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #19 of 28
Also , where would I get the best prices (CAD) for the suggested headphones ?I saw that the D2000 were on HeadRoom and it said "Call For Your Price". I know the MSRP is $350 so that's out of my budget, so anyone know roughly how much of a discount you get ?

Jan 27, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While Grados are great for rock, I personally cannot recommend them (well not all, but most) for K-pop/J-pop. This genre have LOT of peaks in lower treble/upper midrange and Grados, with their typical peak in this area, makes them unbearingly painful to listen to IMO. With my RS1/Flats, it's one of the only genres I skip over because I cannot bear to listen to it with their upper mid peaks (as an example, on songs such as SNSD - Gee, some peaks on female vocals pretty much tears through my eardrums).

Ahahaha, yes, SNSD!
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #24 of 28
i would NOT recommend the dt770 pros with anything but rap. actually, i dont even like them with rap.  these headphones are only good for bass, and it doesnt even do that all that well, as the drivers distort. besides the bass, you can hear something that resembles voices in the high-mid range. but thats it. separation sucks, guitar blows... blech.

May 11, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #25 of 28
The MS1s are indeed very good for rock, but I actually preferred the sound of my ES7 over my MS1 overall across the board. The MS1s don't perform particularly well with my brand of K-pop and J-pop - they lack impact and bass, IMHO. I would consider another pair of phones.

May 11, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #27 of 28
Lol, thread bump. Wonder if the OP reached a decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back