ES7... get them, or something else?
Jun 11, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by limathy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...so i'm looking for something fairly comfortable thats not overly heavy and will distract me when i'm studying.

I laughed when I read that.
biggrin.gif

Jun 11, 2008 at 8:45 PM Post #17 of 18
ES7's tend to have that slightly weird mids that smaller closed back headphones have. Kinda honky, nasal sounding. But overall they sound pretty good. MS1's have better sound overall IMO, slightly weak in the bass department, but that depends on what kinda music you listen to. MS1 leak like crazy however, so make your call based on that.

Jun 11, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #18 of 18
The ES7 is a pretty nice-sounding little pair of headphones, with a little bit of weirdness that can easily be overlooked because of its other fine attributes (smooth, non-fatiguing AT sound & decent isolation). It's probably on par with the KSC75 in terms of sound, though they excel at different things. The KSC75 sounds a bit more natural, but also a little rougher around the edges (and, of course, no isolation).

I think the PK1 sounds better than both of them, I'm just not fond of earbuds. The PK1 & KSC75 are more Grado-ish (punchy, bold), and the ES7 is like an AT lite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back