ES2 options
Sep 30, 2006 at 8:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Scotty757

500+ Head-Fier
Alrighty, I think I've come to a decision on the Westone ES-2.

Now...the fun part.

Hard or Soft?
What color?
Custom art??

Opinions please!!

Also, should I just call westone and get them to recommend an audiologist? I live in the texas medical center and over 15 came up in my zip code...

Sep 30, 2006 at 11:44 PM Post #2 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty757
Alrighty, I think I've come to a decision on the Westone ES-2.

Now...the fun part.

Hard or Soft?
What color?
Custom art??

Opinions please!!

Also, should I just call westone and get them to recommend an audiologist? I live in the texas medical center and over 15 came up in my zip code...

My audiologist told me hard would last longer, and for that kind of money I'm planning on popping for custom art.Go ahead and call and ask for Doug or Dale.

Oct 1, 2006 at 2:26 AM Post #3 of 13
I went with the hard option, because I read the same thing- longer lifespan. They're still extremely comfortable, more so than the UM56 tips. I went with the royal blue color. The custom art really wasn't even considered. Guess I just wanted them as fast as possible.

Oct 1, 2006 at 11:06 PM Post #4 of 13
Can they do anything with the custom art, or just the options shown?

Oct 2, 2006 at 4:49 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Can they do anything with the custom art, or just the options shown?

Here's a link to their custom page:http://www.westone.com/music/custom_art.html

We forget that for every custom IEM sold, hundreds, if not thousands of customs are made for the hearing impaired, many of them children. I know Westone makes such things as "glow in the dark with sparkles" for kids, and I don't see them on the custom page so I'd just call 'em up and ask, or ask your audiologist.

Oct 2, 2006 at 5:44 PM Post #8 of 13
I'm pretty sure that I started a thread about Westone's custom art at one point, but maybe not. I can't find it now.

Anyway, my favorite has always been the piano "Keys" because it reminds me of Ray Charles for some reason.

The other one that I like is the Leopard. They would look very cool on one particular young lady I know who has beautiful brown skin to match. They might even look like earrings on her. Maybe one day... but only if she "comes around" a little in the meantime.

Oct 2, 2006 at 5:49 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
The other one that I like is the Leopard. They would look very cool on one particular young lady I know who has beautiful brown skin to match. They might even look like earrings on her. Maybe one day... but only if she "comes around" a little in the meantime.

I thought you were married?
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by audiomagnate
My audiologist told me hard would last longer, and for that kind of money I'm planning on popping for custom art.

How do customs "rot"? Do they just wear away?!
blink.gif

Oct 2, 2006 at 6:10 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
How do customs "rot"? Do they just wear away?!
blink.gif

Maybe you don't really want to know! Everyone's body chemistry is different, but the bottom line is that you secrete chemicals from you ear canals that "work" on the plastic. That's what turns them yellow - that's not wax on the outside - the material is actually slowly broken down over time. I was told a year to a year and a half is the lifespan of a typical custom hearing aid from an audiologist, but those are worn 16 hours a day. If they're not in your ears, and you keep them clean, they're not breaking down. I think three to five years is more typical for custom IEMs. Also, your ears - including your ear canals - are constantly growing, furthering the need for replacements after a certain amount of time.

Oct 4, 2006 at 2:46 PM Post #11 of 13
What do yall think about opaque black with a single, white 8th note in the middle?

Oct 4, 2006 at 2:53 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

What do yall think about opaque black with a single, white 8th note in the middle?

That would look nice! I was thinking maybe the opaque blue with my name in Edwardian writing across the centre

Users who are viewing this thread

Back