Erzetich
Jul 29, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #16 of 17
Not sure how I feel about the overall look, but I like the headband. However, its colossal weight of 740g (what makes it so heavy? it's heavier than LCD4...) will be a big deterrent aside from the relatively hefty price.

Well, the looks are subjective for sure. While these look bold, I really dig the design, they look like nothing else on the market. But totally get you, these are not "stealthy" looking by any means ;D

What makes them heavy - The biggest and probably the heaviest planar magnetic drivers on the market, that's what does it.

I was highly afraid of the weight as well. The HEDDphone is one of my favorite pairs, but because of the weight I'm not able to listen to them for more than an hour.

Luckily, the suspension strap design of the Charybdis makes them more comfortable than the HEDD, definitely. Also, the pads are squishy and very soft.

For now, I can say that even though they are incredibly heavy, I don't have any problems with ergonomics. I've had a 2h session with them on yesterday and didn't feel fatigued. But definitely need more time to see if it'll continue like this. I really hope so, because so far I really like the sound of these. The soundstage....might be the best I've heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back