Erzetich Charybdis
May 21, 2023 at 3:52 AM Post #46 of 248
Yeah I have a feeling that Charybdis might be competing against the 1266TC directly in terms of looks (both huge, robust, industrial and polarizing), sound (out-of-your-head soundstage), and resolution. On paper and on Sandu’s review it seems Charybdis is an improvement over 1266 over many things.
While having susvara treble and bass , and its color...and headband :beyersmile:

May 21, 2023 at 4:01 AM Post #47 of 248
While having susvara treble and bass , and its color...and headband :beyersmile:
So long as it only gets qualities from the Susvara sound and not the Susvara build quality and stock cables 😂😬😭

May 25, 2023 at 5:41 AM Post #50 of 248
Briefly tried the Charybdis at the Munich show, and I was very impressed. Very enjoyable sound indeed!

Need to get these to spend more time with them and to do a review…:L3000:

93E064A2-A9B5-45DC-877A-AE6D5A8FD9DF.jpeg

Last edited:
May 27, 2023 at 5:45 AM Post #51 of 248
May 27, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #52 of 248
Our foreign friends are enjoying these at a forum I found:

https://musique-o-casque.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=647&sid=07cf209822fa28b8188643213cb1f078

Thanks to translate technology, I’m able to gather more insight and opinions.
I would have to agree with many of those users.....I think Blaz Erzetich have created something very special here. It may now rank as my number 1 headphone of all. Comfort is high factor on my criteria, i can say the charybdis is comfortable enough (Not hd800s, meze comfort) But it ranks higher in comfort over the ZMFs and audezes to me. Theres alot of adjustments that can be done, even toe in and out to adjust soundstage!

I also tested the suede pads. It sounds more open yet more intimate as well. The suede pads are noticably physically thinner than the leather pads. The leather pads have more impact and fun factor and a bigger soundstage. I prefer the leather pads

Last edited:
May 30, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #53 of 248
Our foreign friends are enjoying these at a forum I found:

https://musique-o-casque.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=647&sid=07cf209822fa28b8188643213cb1f078

Thanks to translate technology, I’m able to gather more insight and opinions.
Hi @Pashmeister

Excellent, I was just about to send the reference to this French forum.

The seller, as I understand it, ordered two batches of 15 units. On the second batch, at the time of writing, only 7 units remain.

The listening users feedback is just incredible. Performance comparisons are on a par with the SUSVARA and the ABYSS PHY TC 1266. All in all, this product is a UFO.

May 31, 2023 at 4:45 AM Post #54 of 248
Lucky I have serial number '7' at home ...

May 31, 2023 at 5:58 AM Post #55 of 248
The unboxing:

1afeff5e-88c6-4e8b-9534-6d59e21a806e.jpegIMG_1328.jpegIMG_1329.jpegIMG_1331.jpegIMG_1332.jpeg

On my hands I immediately felt the substantial weight which is a big difference from my Susvara and Meze Elites. Wearing it doesn’t feel uncomfortable though, because the clamp is gentle and the weight is well-distributed. There’s some pressure on the base of the neck owing to the weight, and how people respond to that may be different. This is definitely heaps better than AB1266 fit and comfort.

The earrings don’t bother me. The cables look stronger and of better quality than the photos. In pictures, the cord of the earrings and stock cables looked like they’re covered in cloth that I was afraid would eventually fray but it is not the case in person. It’s actually covered in what looks like a nice transparent plastic that feels flexible and tough.

IMG_1339.jpeg

It’s now being burned in together with my new Linlai E300B tubes. Obviously I couldn’t resist but listen fresh out of the box. It does sound like a couple of steps up from the Meze Elite in technicality. There’s better detail retrieval, space and low end. And it sounds different enough to complement the Susvara. This does slot in somewhere between the AB1266 and Susvara but with the bonus of being easy to drive. This is just early impressions with no burn in yet. I will reserve the rest of my impressions until then.

Last edited:
May 31, 2023 at 6:51 AM Post #57 of 248
The unboxing:

On my hands I immediately felt the substantial weight which is a big difference from my Susvara and Meze Elites. Wearing it doesn’t feel uncomfortable though, because the clamp is gentle and the weight is well-distributed. There’s some pressure on the base of the neck owing to the weight, and how people respond to that may be different. This is definitely heaps better than AB1266 fit and comfort.

The earrings don’t bother me. The cables look stronger and of better quality than the photos. In pictures, the cord of the earrings and stock cables looked like they’re covered in cloth that I was afraid would eventually fray but it is not the case in person. It’s actually covered in what looks like a nice transparent plastic that feels flexible and tough.

It’s now being burned in together with my new Linlai E300B tubes. Obviously I couldn’t resist but listen fresh out of the box. It does sound like a couple of steps up from the Meze Elite in technicality. There’s better detail retrieval, space and low end. And it sounds different enough to complement the Susvara. This does slot in somewhere between the AB1266 and Susvara but with the bonus of being easy to drive. This is just early impressions with no burn in yet. I will reserve the rest of my impressions
Nice first impressions. From my experience the burn in time is not too long for the charybdis. Also try to toe in toe out the headphone to adjust the sound profile.

May 31, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #58 of 248
Hi everyone, I have just ordered these and looking forward to receiving in a couple of weeks. I travel every week so looking at portable or transportable (for hotel room listening) options that are powerful enough for them. Has anyone tried Hugo 2 with them and can share guidance? Any other suggestions? Thank you.

May 31, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #59 of 248
Hi everyone, I have just ordered these and looking forward to receiving in a couple of weeks. I travel every week so looking at portable or transportable (for hotel room listening) options that are powerful enough for them. Has anyone tried Hugo 2 with them and can share guidance? Any other suggestions? Thank you.
Hi @shrek22

I've totally forgotten to believe in the performance of CHORD products since ASR (Audio Science Review) carried out tests on some of their equipment.

Objective tests are a must for me. But they must be coupled with subjective tests. You need both, not just one.

I own an Astel & Kern SP3000. And it would seem, according to the Charybde dealer in France, that the SP3000+Erzetich Charybde pairing is a real winner.

May 31, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #60 of 248
Woo wa8 eclipse. I don’t think it gets any better than that for a portable (not really pocketable) all in one solution and it has glorious hot tube action. I had one and loved it. You could probably modify your headphone travel case to fit that in there too.

Cayin c9 seems like a pretty interesting option but no built in dac on it.

A xiaudio broadway is fairly small and can run like 6hrs on the internal batteries but it doesn’t have a dac so depends on your source situation on that one.

You can get as hardcore as you really want to with it, nobody said you can’t bring a smaller desktop setup with you. If I traveled constantly I might do the broadway plus a nice little dac and just get them a little pelican style case to travel with. I mean if you’re gonna be hardcore than might as well be as hardcore as possible lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back