ERS Paper and Dampening all in one?
Mar 21, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #4 of 21
What would someone expect to pay for this in non-bulk quantities? Maybe you can start selling pieces of the FS forums
wink.gif

Mar 21, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #5 of 21
Don't tell Patrick, now we will have a comparison between those two and which is the best and...blah, blah, blah......

Mar 21, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by rb67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What would someone expect to pay for this in non-bulk quantities? Maybe you can start selling pieces of the FS forums
wink.gif

I could, but then I'd be a "Member of the Trade" somehow and get banned permanently. (I've been banned for a week for trying the same thing).

My daddio wasn't able to check today, he's bringing me home an employee catalog so I can order the stuff. Signs so far point to this stuff being really, really expensive.
frown.gif

Mar 21, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could, but then I'd be a "Member of the Trade" somehow and get banned permanently. (I've been banned for a week for trying the same thing).

yeah, same thing happened to me a while back when I offered to mod T-amps to work with the K1000s. I decided that I didn't want to end up banned and stopped offering services to the head-fi community. But it would be great if someone sold these things in small quantities.

Mar 22, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, same thing happened to me a while back when I offered to mod T-amps to work with the K1000s. I decided that I didn't want to end up banned and stopped offering services to the head-fi community. But it would be great if someone sold these things in small quantities.

Would you get banned for elaborating on this?
confused.gif
I don't understand why this is grounds for bannage or why you didn't just accept "member of the trade" status. Head-fi rules are weird.

Mar 22, 2007 at 4:39 AM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by threEchelon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would you get banned for elaborating on this?
confused.gif
I don't understand why this is grounds for bannage or why you didn't just accept "member of the trade" status. Head-fi rules are weird.

i don't know, but a lot of "members of the trade" end up being mysteriously banned. and i mean a LOT of them. it's best not to talk about it, or you might also become banned.

Apr 9, 2007 at 6:32 AM Post #10 of 21
Well, tonight I sent in a request for two sample rolls of the 3M™ EMI Absorber AB-5100 (1 mm) and the AB-2100 (1.2 mm, silicone rubber backing, more flexible). We'll see how well it works. I doubt they will be willing to send me two 25 meter rolls of this stuff, its pretty thick, so the shipping will be intense, if they do, I'll give some away. I told them it was a "school-related project" (which is partly the case), so they will probably comply to maintain their public relations image.

Apr 9, 2007 at 2:47 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My daddio wasn't able to check today, he's bringing me home an employee catalog so I can order the stuff. Signs so far point to this stuff being really, really expensive.
frown.gif

Read the forum rules.

If you are serious about this ask for permission, then post an interest check. There is the possibility of a non-profit group buy but you need permission. If we can only get the stuff in 25M rolls and there isn't another source, then this does fit the group buy rules.

I didn't think you would get banned as long as you follow the rules. Tangent is a member of the trade. He posts all the time. As I understand it the Admins want you to pay a fee if you are offering to sell anything more than an occasional bit of used gear. Seems fair to me. After all why should they offer free advertising?

Apr 10, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would like some. I hear fm radio on my stupid vacuum tubes.

Is the tube equipment an FM tuner by any chance
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back