Eric McChanson Headphone Amp??
Apr 19, 2024 at 3:53 PM Post #9,751 of 9,892
Langerex has got back to me and is sending me a new pair of Kt63s, which would be these:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2762281426...w87FQgIlzTNdPuIEAJEDNa2A==|tkp:Bk9SR-LXnuHeYw
I can keep the ones with the black glass as the first pair.😱😱😱😱😱😱😱
Damn generous of them,Us dealers usually ask for it back and takes a long time if you buy outside the USA.
Consider myself really lucky.πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€

Langrex is a wonderful seller. Thumbs up from me.

What you buy there is not stated as a matched pair, so it's not guaranteed to match. However you said you detect that one tube is quieter than the other. Your ears must be super sharp.

Anyway I agree, it's super generous of Langrex to send you another pair and you get to keep the first pair. No other seller will do that. They will be losing money.

Apr 19, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #9,752 of 9,892
My Gold Super Ultimate will have a big brother very soon.:two_men_holding_hands:

2 Super Gold chassis side by side. One an Ultimate and the other a Supreme.

You obviously must be happy with your Ultimate for you to order another spec out Supreme immediately. I don't blame you. Having tested both amps, I would say that having 2 of them together would be all you need. There won't be time for anything else.

Bryant has been a bit quiet but he is enjoying his Supreme, in his correspondence with Eric and me. He has a pair of WE 300b on the way. It should have been with him by now.

Apr 19, 2024 at 4:51 PM Post #9,754 of 9,892
2 Super Gold chassis side by side. One an Ultimate and the other a Supreme.

You obviously must be happy with your Ultimate for you to order another spec out Supreme immediately. I don't blame you. Having tested both amps, I would say that having 2 of them together would be all you need. There won't be time for anything else.

Bryant has been a bit quiet but he is enjoying his Supreme, in his correspondence with Eric and me. He has a pair of WE 300b on the way. It should have been with him by now.
Yes, I am very happy with the UltimatE. It is a wonderful amp. I sold my LTA MZ3 about 2 weeks ago and will replace it with the SupremE. It will be my fifth and last tube amp to buy.

I have to build a bigger rack for them. SupremE, UltimatE, DNA Sonett 2, Woo WA22 and Ultrasonic Studios Oblivion are enough to keep me busy, and I am going to roll both tubes and amps. :darthsmile::L3000:

PXL_20240330_134841164 (3).jpg

Apr 19, 2024 at 5:03 PM Post #9,755 of 9,892
Yes, I am very happy with the UltimatE. It is a wonderful amp. I sold my LTA MZ3 about 2 weeks ago and will replace it with the SupremE. It will be my fifth and last tube amp to buy.

Very interesting that you're replacing the LTA MZ3 with Supreme. :ksc75smile:

The LTA MZ3 is very well regarded but Supreme is one of a kind. You don't find many 300b, 2as and 45 amp at this price and with the way it sound ! ... and quiet.

Congrats again.

What caps are you having in the SupremE.

Apr 19, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #9,757 of 9,892
@UntilThen Thanks Matt, that's a nice compliment from you.πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
Indeed it can be a blessing and a curse sometimes when you hear that.
There is indeed something wrong with the tube.

The Singxer Su2 is connected to the Gustard R26 via I2S and you have to install the Asio driver from Singxer via Windows.
In the settings of the driver I can adjust the volume via Windows, also separately left and right channel.
Depending on where the quieter tube is plugged in, we now say left channel in the amplifier and the louder tube right channel.
And if I go into the Asio driver and turn down the right channel separately, depending on the title, it makes an average of 10 to almost 15 Db, on average 10-12 Db.
This is of course only a rough value from Windows, in reality it is perhaps a little less between 5-8 Db.
I'm sure everyone would hear the difference if they paid attention.

As for the driver itself, theoretically, if Windows requires a driver, it should work with any Asian driver from the manufacturer's Dac, provided it is supported in the output settings.

@UntilThen Regarding Langerex and Albert there is nothing to add, I fully agree.
Ultimate is Ultimate, I enjoy it as often as I can and as much as I can, it's an absolute pleasure to use this amplifier.
Although tube rolling can be a dilemma, we're glad we didn't call it that when we were looking for a name for Ultimate, if you remember, πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜….

Apr 19, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #9,758 of 9,892

I have to build a bigger rack for them. SupremE, UltimatE, DNA Sonett 2, Woo WA22 and Ultrasonic Studios Oblivion are enough to keep me busy, and I am going to roll both tubes and amps. :darthsmile::L3000:

I don't think you need to make your rack any bigger.
If you sell the Woo and Dna, you'll have enough space for SupremE,😁😁😁😁😁.
I can imagine that after SupremE enters your home, these 2 will make the 2 amplifiers superfluous,πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡.

Apr 19, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #9,763 of 9,892
Very interesting that you're replacing the LTA MZ3 with Supreme. :ksc75smile:

The LTA MZ3 is very well regarded but Supreme is one of a kind. You don't find many 300b, 2as and 45 amp at this price and with the way it sound ! ... and quiet.

Congrats again.

What caps are you having in the SupremE.

LTA MZ3 is an excellent and the quietest amp I ever heard, but I like the UltimatE better. I asked Eric to install Jupiter and Mundorf caps.

Apr 19, 2024 at 6:45 PM Post #9,764 of 9,892
Apr 19, 2024 at 6:57 PM Post #9,765 of 9,892
I don't think you need to make your rack any bigger.
If you sell the Woo and Dna, you'll have enough space for SupremE,😁😁😁😁😁.
I can imagine that after SupremE enters your home, these 2 will make the 2 amplifiers superfluous,πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡.

The Woo WA22 can go, but not DNA Sonett 2 for sure. Have you ever heard any DNA amps? Donald North built only 17 Sonett 2 and the vocals are so so good with correct tubes. Oh @Deleeh, you have ZMF headphones and they sound absolutely wonderful together.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back