Eric McChanson Headphone Amp??
Nov 21, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #7,577 of 9,894
@UntilThen
Why didn't you like the 6K6 Visseaux so much, if you don't mind me asking?
Not so great is perhaps the wrong expression, what did you like and what didn't you like?
I think it is commendable that you are still helping others, especially when they have minor problems.
I really have to thank you for always being there for people.
I also understand that others are trying to help and their advice wasn't even bad.
And I know you don't want to mix things up when the problem might be something else.
In the end, Eric's word is what he thinks it could be or is.
I hope Albert can enjoy his ultimate in silence.

To everyone else it's been quiet with me lately and I've been reading along diligently but not replying because I'm a bit short of time at the moment, even with the Ultimate.
All in all, great impressions of how everyone is going about their Ultimate.

Nov 21, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #7,578 of 9,894

Guys, Eric is talking to Albert and me directly via email. Do not speculate or intervene. Let the master builder do his job.
Dictating to us not to speculate or intervene is a very negative request, this is a forum where people share ideas and experience, trying to stop people talking about their own experiences is against human nature and the very reason forums like this exist & are so successful. Eric is a great guy unhindered in his deed by this forum.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #7,579 of 9,894
@UntilThen
Why didn't you like the 6K6 Visseaux so much, if you don't mind me asking?
Not so great is perhaps the wrong expression, what did you like and what didn't you like?
I think it is commendable that you are still helping others, especially when they have minor problems.
I really have to thank you for always being there for people.
I also understand that others are trying to help and their advice wasn't even bad.
And I know you don't want to mix things up when the problem might be something else.
In the end, Eric's word is what he thinks it could be or is.
I hope Albert can enjoy his ultimate in silence.

To everyone else it's been quiet with me lately and I've been reading along diligently but not replying because I'm a bit short of time at the moment, even with the Ultimate.
All in all, great impressions of how everyone is going about their Ultimate.

I did not say that I didn't like the Visseaux 6K6GT. In fact I think it perform very well. All I said was there are better power tubes in my stash and you know what I have got in my stash.

Eric and Albert may have found the root cause of the problem and it may not have anything to do with AC power supply. I am just asking politely that you do not speculate any further. Let Eric work this out with Albert. I'm in on their conversation, so I know where they are up to.

FYI, Eric has been diagnosing the problem since 4am in the morning.

Nov 21, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #7,581 of 9,894
I did not say that I didn't like the Visseaux 6K6GT. In fact I think it perform very well. All I said was there are better power tubes in my stash and you know what I have got in my stash.

Eric and Albert may have found the root cause of the problem and it may not have anything to do with AC power supply. I am just asking politely that you do not speculate any further. Let Eric work this out with Albert. I'm in on their conversation, so I know where they are up to.

FYI, Eric has been diagnosing the problem since 4am in the morning.
Ah okay Matt, thanks for your feedback.
Yes, you really do have a few treasures in your collection where you can be a little envious.
I'm glad you're enjoying them.
I'm also glad to hear that Albert and Eric were able to find the cause and hope to have a solution soon.
Last but not least, don't let yourself be provoked by others and their statements and comments.
They will annoy you the most if you react to them, which is often intentional.
So even if it sounds stupid, just ignore it and let it go.
That way you don't give them the attention they're looking for.

Nov 21, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #7,582 of 9,894
Continue to rummage through my old treasures. I had in mind to try a "plattfuss rohre". The translation is "flatfoot tube" which is my moniker for the old style side contact tubes maybe meant for automobile radios. The adapters are hard to use because it is difficult to insert the tube - usually I just end up leaving them in the adapter and don't change.
UT liked the EL12 Spez; I don't have those tubes, but this tube is very similar. This is a large ST tube drawing 1.3A. Special mention to those who can identify them:
IMG_2236.jpg

They sound surprisingly good in the UltimatE - a full analog style sound with excellent rendition of voices. In my other amp they sounded somewhat dull but not here - vibrant, full sounding with excellent detail and tone. These old large tubes need some time to warm up. But once warmed up they really show off what they can do!
Have fun!

Nov 21, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #7,583 of 9,894
{
Continue to rummage through my old treasures. I had in mind to try a "plattfuss rohre". The translation is "flatfoot tube" which is my moniker for the old style side contact tubes maybe meant for automobile radios. The adapters are hard to use because it is difficult to insert the tube - usually I just end up leaving them in the adapter and don't change.
UT liked the EL12 Spez; I don't have those tubes, but this tube is very similar. This is a large ST tube drawing 1.3A. Special mention to those who can identify them:

They sound surprisingly good in the UltimatE - a full analog style sound with excellent rendition of voices. In my other amp they sounded somewhat dull but not here - vibrant, full sounding with excellent detail and tone. These old large tubes need some time to warm up. But once warmed up they really show off what they can do!
Have fun!
is it a 4654/4699 tube ? Or an EL3N maybe?

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #7,585 of 9,894
Nov 21, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #7,590 of 9,894
IMG_2236.jpg
Have fun!

EL6? I sold off a pair when I had GOTL. They were supposed to be for another amp from Glenn which I never got around to.

s-l1600 (20).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back