Eric McChanson Headphone Amp??
May 3, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #166 of 9,894
Hey All if anyone is interested in the RCA caps there on Aliexpress 50x for $56aud so around $10usd Lol

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32972240662.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.26174c4dnExoMs

I am getting the Destiny-2 an exact copy of Matts but pEart and after reading this thread I can't wait to receive it..
I also have the La Figaro 339i I got off Matt ( The Legend ) and Denafrips Artemis with the Denafrips Pontus Dac. Love them but the Destiny-2 should be quite special.
Here's a pic of some of the Headphones I'll be using with it although there's a couple of changes I sold the LCD-2 and got LCD-3f coming,
HP's I have are Kennertons Thridi Limited Maple, Vali Oak, MrSpeakers ether C flow, ether flow, Astell&Kern T5P.gen2, Sony SA5000, Fostex TH900mk2, Pioneer Monitor5,
Not to be overly nitpicky, but those are shorting plugs, not caps. Fine to plug those into unused RCA input jacks, but don't stick those in an unused output!

(unless you've run out of weed and need smoke from another source :smile:)

May 3, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #167 of 9,894
Thanks I love yous all. Witty, funny Ronald McDonalds what’s there not to like. Plus you call me untilthen, legend, gold finger after the James Bond movie....

Congrats Yetiman ! You’re Destiny 2. 😅

I found part of CD goldmine ... still a lot of audiophile ones missing... like Alan Taylor, Rebecca Pidgeon, Chris Jones, etc... I have to turn the house upside down to find it.

Here’s what I found and a whole box more of Bruce Springsteen, David Bowie, Elton John, Simply Red, Marina Prior, etc, etc

and you know what? I discovered that CD sound so much better than Tidal through my PC.... I need a golden source now or use my turntable more !

64C19786-C046-4ACE-A56A-9758A4424BFE.jpeg

May 3, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #168 of 9,894
As I pick up each CD, I remember when I bought it, where I bought it and why I bought it. Memories comes flooding back. It’s a nostalgic trip.

It will be the same going through the LPs....

10 years from now I’ll look back and remember how I got Destiny....

May 3, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #169 of 9,894
Thanks I love yous all. Witty, funny Ronald McDonalds what’s there not to like. Plus you call me untilthen, legend, gold finger after the James Bond movie....

I found part of CD goldmine ... still a lot of audiophile ones missing... like Alan Taylor, Rebecca Pidgeon, Chris Jones, etc... I have to turn the house upside down to find it.

Here’s what I found and a whole box more of Bruce Springsteen, David Bowie, Elton John, Simply Red, Marina Prior, etc, etc

and you know what? I discovered that CD sound so much better than Tidal through my PC.... I need a golden source now or use my turntable more !

64C19786-C046-4ACE-A56A-9758A4424BFE.jpeg
If you will be listening to CDs more, look into the Audiolab CDT-6000 transport (slot-loading). I have been using one for 2yrs+: very detailed retrieval off CDs, absolutely reliable, reads CDs without being finicky, operates quietly. 👍👍 Comes in silver or black ====> spray-paint gold?...

May 3, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #170 of 9,894
If you will be listening to CDs more, look into the Audiolab CDT-6000 transport (slot-loading). I have been using one for 2yrs+: very detailed retrieval off CDs, absolutely reliable, reads CDs without being finicky, operates quietly. 👍👍 Comes in silver or black ====> spray-paint gold?...
Will be going CD, vinyl and digital. That’s the reason for Destiny having four RCA inputs and Odyssey having 3. 😊

Will be picking up this metal base GZ34 from my friend Dennis tonight. On loan for evaluation. Anyone want to lend me their WE 300b tubes for evaluation? 😋

A5638C1B-191B-4795-8CFB-F3BF1260BB7F.jpeg62E47CC3-8766-465D-A3F2-3E5C9CB89ECE.jpeg

May 3, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #171 of 9,894
Fingers crossed you also find your audiophile Britney Spears CDs... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

May 3, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #172 of 9,894
Fingers crossed you also find your audiophile Britney Spears CDs... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Britney Spears, Madonna, Celine Dion, Dionne Warwick, Patricia Barber, Holly Cole, I am looking for them all. Fortunately I found Sara K and I have Eva Cassidy on LP.

After all this LCD4 and Destiny were made for listening to them specifically!

May 3, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #173 of 9,894
I found my WA22 el cheapo stock 274b rectifier and after Eric does the mod, I will try the 274b in Destiny. If it’s no good Eric will reverse it for me. He’s very accomodating... 😅

and if it’s good, I shall buy an almighty 274b mesh plates for some serious glow.

5382986C-50BA-43E9-9F7E-A1D5DE881222.jpeg

May 3, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #174 of 9,894
Britney Spears, Madonna, Celine Dion, Dionne Warwick, Patricia Barber, Holly Cole, I am looking for them all. Fortunately I found Sara K and I have Eva Cassidy on LP.

When you play all the above, is the amp Destiny’s Child?....

May 3, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #175 of 9,894
May 3, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #176 of 9,894
When you play all the above, is the amp Destiny’s Child?....
😃

I found a Corrs CD and have been listening to it.

I am still amazed at the incredible sound from LCD4 powered by Destiny’s Child. I don’t toss the words end game ... don’t think I have ever but this seems like it.

Good night I am crawling back to bed.

May 3, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #177 of 9,894

Got practically all of Patricia barber, I love the guitarist, and all the other instrumentation and they're so well recorded.

May 3, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #178 of 9,894

How did you get hold of all my CD's.. AGAIN :wink:.

Edit: the only one missing is the Sugababes lol.

Last edited:
May 3, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #179 of 9,894
As I pick up each CD, I remember when I bought it, where I bought it and why I bought it. Memories comes flooding back. It’s a nostalgic trip.

It will be the same going through the LPs....

10 years from now I’ll look back and remember how I got Destiny....
Yes, and going back with all my vinyl too. I moved house 5 years ago, and decided then that I can't be bothered transporting all of them around ever again, hence the need to put them all up for sale at some point.

May 3, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #180 of 9,894

Users who are viewing this thread

Back