Eric McChanson Headphone Amp??
Jun 2, 2023 at 1:50 AM Post #1,576 of 9,894
I love them all but ZMF Aeolus lovely and smooth.

Jun 2, 2023 at 3:46 AM Post #1,577 of 9,894
I had a good Yum Cha lunch and a good afternoon high tea... very full... need a nap... BUT
I will not forget to switch on UltimatE in Wood. ..... Tune ON !!

That's what he said.

mad-angry.gif

Jun 2, 2023 at 3:57 AM Post #1,578 of 9,894
Eric's killing me. There's no time for Yum Cha ! :sweat_smile:

Hi Matt,

Really just one step to switch ON, Yes, switch on for your ultimatE in wood.... But I need to go out for a good Yam Cha in ChinaTown first to take a brief rest, and then return home to do....

To do ...

To do a great job.... continue some minor soldering and then SWITCH ON !! Light up UltimatE in wood's life .... : ))

How about that, isn't it a dream?

Cheers

Eric
Don't you have any laws down under preventing slavery or overworking the elderly?? 😐

Jun 2, 2023 at 8:12 AM Post #1,582 of 9,894
She's home. :) I can confirmed that it is as quiet as the silver Ultimate and Nick's Ultimate and Peter's Ultimate. No music playing and volume at max and there is zero hiss or noise. Wooden chassis is bigger than I expected but looks good nevertheless. Everything work as intended and I'm using the xlr balance input from Yggdrasil.

Initial sound is the same as all the other Ultimate, which means great. Will let it burn in for 100 hours before I do a comparison with the silver Ultimate.

IMG_6343.jpg

Jun 2, 2023 at 8:26 AM Post #1,583 of 9,894
She's home. :) I can confirmed that it is as quiet as the silver Ultimate and Nick's Ultimate and Peter's Ultimate. No music playing and volume at max and there is zero hiss or noise. Wooden chassis is bigger than I expected but looks good nevertheless. Everything work as intended and I'm using the xlr balance input from Yggdrasil.

Initial sound is the same as all the other Ultimate, which means great. Will let it burn in for 100 hours before I do a comparison with the silver Ultimate.

IMG_6343.jpg
Well done Matt hours of listening pleasure ahead . . . . . .

Jun 2, 2023 at 8:38 AM Post #1,585 of 9,894
Eric pass me a pair of power tubes for evaluation. Works very well in Ultimate. I won't announce it yet. Don't want the supplies to be snapped up. :wink:

All I can say is that owners of Ultimate need not worry about lack of power tubes. These are good and cheap. Potential to be great. I just need to burn in the amp and tubes.

Jun 2, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #1,587 of 9,894
My new set of RCA 6y6 sounds great. Clear and gutsy.

The GE 6y6 are really terrible. It’s going into bin.

Can you post a picture of your GE 6y6? My experience with GE 6y6g isn't terrible. In fact I think they are pretty good. However mine are NOS in both black and grey glass. I might get them into the wooden Ultimate to burn it in.

Is yours RCA 6y6ga? Picture please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back