ER6i or NuForce NE-7M, same price, which one?
Nov 29, 2008 at 7:31 AM Post #16 of 27
To confirm what I am saying is right and not just in my head from the last time I listened, I just switched from the Westone 3 that I was listening to Infected Mushroom with my laptop with Pico amp - and the NE-7M have plenty of bass for me, and I am typically a basshead. I don't think anyone will say this don't have enough bass. Sure, there are other IEM with more bass but these have a balanced amount of bass that is fast and detailed.

PS: These play down to 16Hz with test tones, without any effort.

Nov 29, 2008 at 7:37 AM Post #17 of 27
Yeah that's basically what I was wondering, I just want headphones with good, noticeable bass for stuff like Infected Mushroom, Prodigy, Paul Oakenfold, Chemical Brothers, Crystal Method, etc.

At the same time I still want them to sound great for stuff like Metallica or AC/DC.

Nov 29, 2008 at 8:15 AM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by toxic888 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ER6i's.

Oh Yeah, that's a really helpful post. Can't make any decisions without that tidbit of info we were missing! Of course we'll assume you have heard both IEM, right? Care to describe the sound? What source and music did you use to come to that conclusion? Thanks!

Nov 29, 2008 at 8:19 AM Post #20 of 27
How about the mic build quality and how far into the ear they go?

Sorry if they sound like stupid questions, all I've ever used have been Plantronic gaming headsets and Apple earbuds, so I'm new to quality headphones.

Nov 29, 2008 at 10:41 AM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The NE-7M are kinda like an ER6i and very detailed and spacious, but with better bass, and smoother highs and mids, so I guess not like an ER6i then.

The 6i is one sweet deal at the price, so that is high praise indeed about the NE-7M.
Which did you find easier to wear?

Nov 29, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by N4V /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about the mic build quality and how far into the ear they go?

Sorry if they sound like stupid questions, all I've ever used have been Plantronic gaming headsets and Apple earbuds, so I'm new to quality headphones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatmann /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 6i is one sweet deal at the price, so that is high praise indeed about the NE-7M.
Which did you find easier to wear?

The people I talk to with it don't complain about the sound of the Mic.

They don't need to go in deep, just to the boney part of the ear canal. The sound spout is big enough to try the Complys T-400 foam tips, so I'll have to try that some day. Those should be able to go in deeper and isolate more than the stock silicone tips. The ER6i do go deeper in the ear canal, and when I still owned them I was able to force some Shure black olive foam tips onto them - so they could go very deep and isolate very much (more than the NE-7M with the stock silicone tips). I like the fact that the NE-7M with silicone tips have a little less isolation, so walking around with them in my ears while I am out and about doesn't make me feel like I am on the moon. They still block enough sound that you could listen to music in the same room as people watching the TV and not be bothered by the TV.

Nov 30, 2008 at 7:26 AM Post #23 of 27
^ oh sweet.
ive been reading and seems like the NE 7M is so far the best for my budget.. hmm but no one seemed to answer my question regarding if you wear it normally or over the ear? cause i never worn anything over the ear before - tried it and it feels ... restricted since i wear glasses (loose glasses so sometimes if theres something other than it on the ear it falls off.. :S)

Nov 30, 2008 at 1:26 PM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicL0ver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ oh sweet.
ive been reading and seems like the NE 7M is so far the best for my budget.. hmm but no one seemed to answer my question regarding if you wear it normally or over the ear? cause i never worn anything over the ear before - tried it and it feels ... restricted since i wear glasses (loose glasses so sometimes if theres something other than it on the ear it falls off.. :S)

The NE 7M is a 'normal' fit in that you don't have to bend the cable behind your ear. You can still do that if you want - it does help with microphonics. I find wearing my C751s with the cable over my ear much preferable when out walking/gym as there's less cable noise. When at my desk at work I'll wear them normally.

Dec 4, 2008 at 1:22 PM Post #25 of 27
i didnt even know headphone where of different quality i all ways taught headphones where headphone till i found this forum anywayz my iphone buds got messed up so i am gonna get Ne 7m

How much different is the sound quality from the iphone stocks buds and these ne 7m
is the difference night and day

Dec 4, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicL0ver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ oh sweet.

I always wear canalphones and the like over-the-ear and I have glasses and it's fine for me.

I always wear it over the ear as it eliminates microphonics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back