ER6i cheap @ Palm
Nov 23, 2008 at 3:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

DobsOnly

100+ Head-Fier
Not sure if there are many fans of the Ety ER6i but for the price Palm is offering them for, ~ $48, I figured there might be some interest.

I still get a lot of use from my trusty ER6's. I might grab a set or 2 for gifts.

Here's the link or you can go through the Add on Head-Fi.

Palm ER6i

Nov 23, 2008 at 4:24 PM Post #3 of 11
Palm is selling ER6i for less than $50? No wonder they don't make enough money for the last few years...

Nov 23, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #4 of 11
When I open the promo-details window on that listing, the sale price changes to $97.50.
confused_face(1).gif

Nov 23, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #5 of 11
I also found this promo information here:

Palm Store - Promotion Offer

Seems like if you get two of those and pay some amount of shipping to get it over 100, you can save 25 off that and get two pairs of er6i for like 75-80 bucks.

Anyone confirm or want to do a tandem buy?

EDIT: Two pairs come to 97 bucks but it takes the 5.97 shipping price off because the order is over 49 dollars... Lame

Nov 23, 2008 at 6:14 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh damn. If I can't get the RE2s I might go for these.

I'm just worried about the wire issues that are often complained about with the ER6is.

Their wires are strong tough flexible etc, theyre just very thin. Hasnt been an issue for me.

Nov 23, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #9 of 11
Im almost nerverous when handing the ER6i, the cable looks soo thin... just gotta be very careful not to tug it :p But the length of the cable means its pretty good not a major issue. But yeah i havent got any issues with it. Apart from microphonics.

Nov 24, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #10 of 11
I will reserve mine for home use, except for occasional long-distance traveling, to make sure they don't get banged around. I will continue to use my cheapies for casual outdoor situations where theft or damage is more of a concern.

If I'd employed this policy in the past, I'd never have slammed the car door on my Shure E2 cables.
redface.gif

Nov 24, 2008 at 1:42 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by TacticalPenguin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Their wires are strong tough flexible etc, theyre just very thin. Hasnt been an issue for me.

Ditto
My ER6's have been through a lot of very rough times, over several years and never a problem with the wires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back