ER4P versus Triple Fi Pro (No Contest, Right?)
Mar 7, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #31 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
both the black olive tips and westone um2 tips used with the er4p will increase warmth, boost the low end, and push back a bit the high end making it less agreessive on the top end. However, I find no more satisfying tip than the stock tri-flange. My source - sansa clip - sr-71 amp with the er4p + stock tri-flange is more satisfying than any other IEM I own and I own all of them....I don't need to list them.

Dang, you were so right.
With stock tri-flanges ER-4S sounds the crispiest and most detailed. Olives slightly wool the sound, not sure that I like that, very comfy though.
Another $15 down the drain, anyone want some, I'll put them in FS.

Mar 7, 2008 at 12:52 PM Post #32 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
both the black olive tips and westone um2 tips used with the er4p will increase warmth, boost the low end, and push back a bit the high end making it less agreessive on the top end. However, I find no more satisfying tip than the stock tri-flange. My source - sansa clip - sr-71 amp with the er4p + stock tri-flange is more satisfying than any other IEM I own and I own all of them....I don't need to list them.

You own ALL the IEMs? Quite an inventory, altho your profile doesn't show what your inventory is. Im comparing other IEMs right now--Triple Fi, Klipsch Image, Sleek--against my Etys because I was thinking of changing. Today I get new Comply tips for the Triple Fi. Until then, I find all three IEMs quite easily are better in some regards than the Ety4. Image is my favorite, does violins correctly, Helfgott's piano doing some Rachmaninov actually sounds like a live piano, etc.

But I'm also using a Tomahawk or a Portaphile amp out of an Imod, so that might be the difference.

All that said, though, all three of these IEMs easily surpass the SQ of the Ety4p in my opionion

Mar 10, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #33 of 34
DJGeorgeT if you have owned all of IEMs, how do Altec-Lansing iM716 and ER4P sound in comparison? iM716 should be based on ER4 drivers, so is it really worth wasting 120$ more on ER4P?

Mar 10, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #34 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by yxmees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DJGeorgeT if you have owned all of IEMs, how do Altec-Lansing iM716 and ER4P sound in comparison? iM716 should be based on ER4 drivers, so is it really worth wasting 120$ more on ER4P?

Cable, pod and who knows what else, but all that makes difference. Podectomized gets real close, but still falls short in some areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back