ER4P versus Triple Fi Pro (No Contest, Right?)
Feb 23, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #17 of 34
TO me, the ER4P/S forces you to become analytical of your music, and it's just no fun hearing it flat like it; I never got into "the groove" with them; I just sat bored and sleepy listening through them.

But the triple.fi allows you to have fun AND be analytical about it at the same time. It's a crazy feeling, and it's the only IEM I have heard to date that messes with me like that.
tongue.gif

Feb 23, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #19 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TO me, the ER4P/S forces you to become analytical of your music, and it's just no fun hearing it flat like it; I never got into "the groove" with them; I just sat bored and sleepy listening through them.

But the triple.fi allows you to have fun AND be analytical about it at the same time. It's a crazy feeling, and it's the only IEM I have heard to date that messes with me like that.
tongue.gif

This is actually a great point. I look at it this way.

ER4P is like you are sitting in the middle of the band that is playing inside of a sound room the size of a 2-car garage.

TFP is like sitting 15-20th row dead center in a perfectly acoustic 1,200 seat auditorium.

The ER4P is very forward, up front in in-your-face so to speak whereas the presentation of the TFP is a little more distant and euphoric.

I refuse to flat out say TFP is better because I can fully appreciate the way each presents itself. I listen to a lot of music that has meticulous drums and percussion and the Etys are so honest at reproducing everything but I also fully understand what MarchingMule says above about the laid-back fun-factor of TFP.

Can't go wrong with either as far as I am concerned. They are my two favorite IEM's.

Feb 24, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #21 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone please compare details between tri-flanges and shure olives?
Thanks a lot.

Please, I need to know before pulling the trigger.
Shure soft flex tips didn't work for me because of lesser details, are olives the same?

Feb 24, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #23 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With which IEM??

Olives smooth the sound out and make it a tad warmer....maybe a little bassier. More neutral, less siblant.

ER-4. Do olives steal details or not? Thanks.

Feb 24, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #24 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ER-4. Do olives steal details or not? Thanks.

For me, they made it a tad bit more smoother, but still very analytical.

They were by far the best tips for the Etys I have ever tried, all in all.
cool.gif

Feb 25, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #26 of 34
Try the ety's foam tips if you haven't already, although I accept, you probably have if your looking for other manufacturrs tips for your ety's.

Its just that the foams on mine provide the most comfortable and the most perfect seal, with that, the ety HAS IT ALL, I often wonder if the er4's where priced at 3-400 dollars wether more people would say they are utterly fantastic in everything they do.

I know they rip the poop out of my shures at almost double the price.

Feb 25, 2008 at 4:21 PM Post #27 of 34
I find the inner stem on the stock Ety foam tip to be a little long which may contribute to some siblance Antonyfirst refers to above. I can almost feel the stem irritating my ear with a deep insertion.

On one end of the foam tip you can slide the foam down a few millimeters and cleanly snip off some excess sleeving. This should allow the foam to more thoroughly engulf the the remaining sleeve and should give a sound a little closer to what the Shure one's sound like.

Feb 25, 2008 at 4:29 PM Post #28 of 34
both the black olive tips and westone um2 tips used with the er4p will increase warmth, boost the low end, and push back a bit the high end making it less agreessive on the top end. However, I find no more satisfying tip than the stock tri-flange. My source - sansa clip - sr-71 amp with the er4p + stock tri-flange is more satisfying than any other IEM I own and I own all of them....I don't need to list them.

Feb 25, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #29 of 34
I don't find the Olives to effect SQ like other foams I have tried. They seem to be coated with something that prevents the muffling foams can cause.

As for claims that tips can change sound stage I fail to see how that's possible.

Feb 25, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #30 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by redrich2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't find the Olives to effect SQ like other foams I have tried. They seem to be coated with something that prevents the muffling foams can cause.

As for claims that tips can change sound stage I fail to see how that's possible.

A better fit and seal would change sound stage I would think. It definately does with customs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back