Er4P recable.
Jun 1, 2009 at 10:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sillz10

New Head-Fier
My er4p cable is broken from years of mis-use and daily wear. The earbuds are still fine. Are there any cheap 3rd party cables and/or is there an order form on etys website with cables?

Jun 1, 2009 at 10:28 AM Post #2 of 6
I think you can buy from ety sight, but you have to send them in for the fitting, which makes them pretty expensive and many end up going for APS cable as at least there is an upgrade with that.

Jun 1, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #3 of 6
I recently had the same problem and sent etymotic a email requesting service. They fixed my er4p by giving me a new cable, a new transducer,so basically a new headphone for US $50.

Jun 1, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #4 of 6
Yes that has happened to me twice over the years as well but add to that shipping cost to US and back again and it quickly adds up. Still cheaper than buying a new set though and amazing that they do it given that in both cases my phones were well out of warranty

Jun 1, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes that has happened to me twice over the years as well but add to that shipping cost to US and back again and it quickly adds up. Still cheaper than buying a new set though and amazing that they do it given that in both cases my phones were well out of warranty

I emailed them, they should respond soon.

Do you know if they sell the cables directly? Why would they need the headphones? Isn't it a simple plug in?

Jun 1, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #6 of 6
Technically it is a simple plug in although it is not advertised or designed to be repeatedly replaced. They do not sell any spares but insist on hand matching all components for each headset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back