ER4P Blown?
Dec 24, 2007 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Sean.Perrin

100+ Head-Fier
I think that the driver in the right channel of my ER4p's is blown.

I get a little bit of crunchiness at higher volumes and with higher frequencies but not with low (which is odd).

This is very strange as I never use them loud enough to blow them... what should I do?

Dec 25, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsmithepa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
3. excuse to upgrade!

To what? ER4s?

Dec 25, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To what? ER4s?

Amping is not my thing. I value portability just as much as sonic quality.

Yer quite right... How about ER4p drivers in a Vibes Moca body... I just love those metal casings.

Dec 26, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #7 of 14
That happened to me also and what I did is sending to known hearing aid company to make it custom with 100ohm added beneath driver to be ER-4S.

Jan 2, 2008 at 11:10 AM Post #9 of 14
you might find the crunchy sound is the single driver struggling to cope with the bass at higher volumes.

if you like bass ( which i doubt because your an etymotic owner ) then yes upgrade to a good multi driver IEM. may i suggest Q-jays maybe?

if you are genuinly a fan of the ety sound send them in for replacement and if you have the same problem it surely is down to the lack of bass quality at much higher volumes. yes i know theres going to be about a thousand ety fans screaming the bass is the best but all i can say to that is yeh if you say so!

Jan 2, 2008 at 12:03 PM Post #10 of 14
^^^ what is the point of the reply if the FILTER problem has been solved by the OP?

Is it a problem for you that an Ety user like the bass quality and quantity (s)he gets from IEM? If so, I thought you already has your own thread talking about that...

Jan 2, 2008 at 7:33 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you are genuinly a fan of the ety sound send them in for replacement and if you have the same problem it surely is down to the lack of bass quality at much higher volumes.

First, I love the clean Ety bass... it is of excellent quality unlike other muddy earphones.

Second, they would likely fix them not replace...

And third I stated that it was only happening at higher volumes and concerned the treble.

Jan 2, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsmithepa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
See! Filters, I was right! Most probs are not complicated, we just imagine the worst.

It just sucked because although I bring a spare filter on vacation just in case, it turned out to be faulty!

All good now. I listened without the filter in just to see if it was still there (the buzzing) and it wasn't. Man the composition of these changes without the filtes though, I'd hate to be without (as would the drivers!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back