Er4p, are they still considered good?
Mar 16, 2009 at 5:20 AM Post #31 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsmithepa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dang u ppl, with all the praise, now nobody want to sell their used pair!
biggrin.gif

I'd sell my K701 first before selling the ER-4P.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 16, 2009 at 5:39 AM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sold L3000 and GS-1000 in favour of my balanced ER4-P

Serious!? How does balancing improve the er4?

Mar 16, 2009 at 3:05 PM Post #33 of 35
I'm in the same boat.

ER4P are simply wonderful. As I just wrote in another post, amped, they are transparent, liquid, deep-bassy, clean, sharp and gorgeous.

I'm planning to upgrade to Apuresound Cable (or that piccolino thing webbie64 says) instead of going multi-driver.

I hope the recable to get rid of this eq correction I have to do in foobar:

20081111-foobar2k_er4p_eq.png

And the fact that in pre-mid90's recordings, (before the aggresive mastering era), they not sound as big as in new recordings...

Mar 16, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by hentai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Serious!? How does balancing improve the er4?

Absolutely. I did like the GS-1000 a lot for classical but I can hardly ever use an open phone so could not justify keeping something that might not even get 1 hours play per week. The L3000 I liked for rock but could no longer enjoy for anything else after having balanced the ER4 so they were simply too expensive just for that so I sold them purely for the money (I also don't play rock that often) and have ordered a pair of LA2000 from markl (but without the Jena cable, will be using the stock L3000 cable that was left over when the L3000 was V2 recabled) to be used for rock which is not the strong point of the ER4.

Balancing (and recabling in the process) the ER4 just improved them in every aspect reinforcing everything they do well and at the same time improving no end the bass and somewhat the soundstage (still not on GS-1000 og K701 levels). They now have plenty of bass, both quality and quantity, for all but heavy rock and they bring out details in the recordings I never heard with any other phone. My version is a P as I prefer that configuration.

I could not believe that these tiny units can produce this kind of sound but they do, and I have just ordered custom molds for them to finish the madness.

Mar 16, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can anyone do a comparison between the er4p and PFE?

There are a few lengthy comparisons between the 2 on some other threads. I had a pair of PFE's before I got the ER4P's, and I enjoy the ety's sound a bit more. While the PFE's sound very, very nice, I found the sound to be a microscopically bit more artificial than the ety's. Many would probably prefer that sound to the precision of the ER4's, but I'm more of a detail guy than a bass guy. However, both are excellent choices. I just had to give my PFE's up because the left earpiece started to die & some others started to question their durability. W/ the ER4's being out for so long, I figured they'd also be the more durable of the 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back