ER4 cord broken/frayed at the join
Jul 27, 2008 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Harimwakairi

New Head-Fier
I've had a nice pair of Ety ER4P's for about a year and a half now, using them at least once a day on average. A couple days ago, my right earphone started cutting out on me. I realized that the part of the cord that ran to that earphone had become frayed and broken right at the point where the two lines split (the little black cylinder where the clip attaches, if you use it). It has since gotten worse, and I can now only use the phones by holding the cable in a particular position.

What's the best way to deal with this? I assume the phones are out of warranty by now, and even if they weren't the Etymotic people might try and claim abuse (even though I haven't done anything out of the ordinary with my headphones). Does Ety do repair like this for a fee? Is this something I can fix myself?

I really don't want to buy another pair of $250 headphones just because of a cord issue. Any tips?

Jul 28, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #3 of 3
Yes you should have no problem wit Ety customer service, they have helped me several times even with phones way out of warranty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back