ER-6i's: other alterntives for the gym? (UPDATE: RE0 vs. ER-6i bass?)
Feb 23, 2010 at 12:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

nalth

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I recently broke my ER-6i's, so I need something new for the gym. I really liked these IEM's but I might want to try something with a bit more bass. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
N

Feb 23, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #4 of 35
RE0+Fiio E5.

Feb 23, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #5 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hentai11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RE0+Fiio E5.

Isn't the bass in the RE0 very lacking?

Feb 23, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #6 of 35
I have had the ER6i before. Left them in the gym.
frown.gif

The only reason I use IEMs is for the gym, running, and other physical activities.
I have the NE7M, RE0, and IE7 will be here tomorrow. TF10 is going to fisher for remold.

What is more important for you? Very detailed or fun sounding? high/mids or mids/lows?

Budget?

Feb 23, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #7 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by NumLock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have had the ER6i before. Left them in the gym.
frown.gif

The only reason I use IEMs is for the gym, running, and other physical activities.
I have the NE7M, RE0, and IE7 will be here tomorrow. TF10 is going to fisher for remold.

What is more important for you? Very detailed or fun sounding? high/mids or mids/lows?

Budget?

Ouch, sorry to hear about you ER-6i's..
The most important thing for me is that they work well at the gym. Ie, they isolate well and has a sound that "keeps me going"...
redface.gif
The Ety's were good and I liked them, I might get a second pair, but if there are other options that can present a bit more bass, I'd like to try. The budget is a maximum of $150.

I want something else too, but I made another thread for that:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/b...0-less-474094/

Feb 24, 2010 at 12:58 AM Post #8 of 35
I've used ER6 for the gym but eventually switched to ER4P because life is too short for compromises.

I don't belong to a gym anymore, workout at home...but I'd never consider using my RE0 because they'd never work. The RE0 sound very nice but the shallow seal sucks. They can't compete with ER4( I like stock black foamies). The ER4 seal always remains solid while in motion.

Feb 24, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #9 of 35
HJE900, HF5, Klipsch Custom 2, Sony EX500.......

Feb 24, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #10 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by nalth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't the bass in the RE0 very lacking?

Compared to the ER6i, no. I wouldn't take them to the gym though. I wouldn't want any accidents (they're built well but the cord is on the thin side and I wouldn't want to replace them because they're $80 a piece). I recommend the Me-electronics M6 - it's over ear wired so there's little cable noise, more solidly built, and cheaper.

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:35 AM Post #12 of 35
check out the westones, i always...always had issues with all my iems, including the er6i's falling out on my runs, now i never have to mess with them with the um3x, worth the price alone not having to deal with them falling out...that and they sound kick ass.

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #13 of 35
I would not bring a RE0+an amp to the gym. I would rather just stick to dap+player.

Feb 24, 2010 at 7:16 AM Post #14 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've used ER6 for the gym but eventually switched to ER4P because life is too short for compromises.

I don't belong to a gym anymore, workout at home...but I'd never consider using my RE0 because they'd never work. The RE0 sound very nice but the shallow seal sucks. They can't compete with ER4( I like stock black foamies). The ER4 seal always remains solid while in motion.

Hehe, so true, I mean, I go to the gym 4-5 times a week. But at the same time I sweat a lot, so I wouldn't want to bring my UM3X (or whatever I'll be getting based on the other thread).

However, I remember that I read somewhere that the 4P's can be a bit microphonic and that the cable is thin. Something that you have found to be bothering? A good seal is a must though.

Feb 24, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #15 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by nalth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hehe, so true, I mean, I go to the gym 4-5 times a week. But at the same time I sweat a lot, so I wouldn't want to bring my UM3X (or whatever I'll be getting based on the other thread).

However, I remember that I read somewhere that the 4P's can be a bit microphonic and that the cable is thin. Something that you have found to be bothering? A good seal is a must though.

My trick for minimizing microphonics was to simply route the cable under my shirt, either in front or in back. This did not eliminate completely but was not bothersome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back