ER-6i's: other alterntives for the gym? (UPDATE: RE0 vs. ER-6i bass?)
Feb 28, 2010 at 7:36 PM Post #31 of 35
RE0 has perhaps a little more bass than ER6i. I don't find either of these IEMs to be bass light, but rather neutral. ER6i bass is a bit faster, but RE0 bass is more detailed. Treble is better on RE0, but ER6i is no slouch either. RE0 sounds more musical and involving, while ER6i is dryer, more analytical, but still fun to listen to IMO. I say you can't go wrong with either, but overall RE0 will offer a higher quality, more engaging musical experience that ER6i. For gym use, I would get ER6i, because RE0 is a shallow insertion IEM and will not stay in your ears very securely.

BTW, ER6i is one of my favorite IEMs. I prefer ER6i to much more expensive IEMs like UE Super.fi 5 Pro and Westone UM2.

Feb 28, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RE0 has perhaps a little more bass than ER6i. I don't find either of these IEMs to be bass light, but rather neutral. ER6i bass is a bit faster, but RE0 bass is more detailed. Treble is better on RE0, but ER6i is no slouch either. RE0 sounds more musical and involving, while ER6i is dryer, more analytical, but still fun to listen to IMO. I say you can't go wrong with either, but overall RE0 will offer a higher quality, more engaging musical experience that ER6i. For gym use, I would get ER6i, because RE0 is a shallow insertion IEM and will not stay in your ears very securely.

BTW, ER6i is one of my favorite IEMs. I prefer ER6i to much more expensive IEMs like UE Super.fi 5 Pro and Westone UM2.

Once again, desions... Your speach had me sold on the RE0. However, your final point about gym use, has once again made me a but unsure. Now that I think of it, Iäve never had a problem with the ER6i's falling out.
Other owners who care to elaborate on this issue as well?

Feb 28, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #33 of 35
I have never had an issue with RE0 falling out when I had decored olives on, sony hybrids or the stock tips. The only time thing is that they could get annoying when the wire fell out of your ears(from wearing it over the ears) but the cable slider was helpful and I also had ear guides which eliminated that issue. The ER6i required a deeper fit compared to the RE0 due to the way it was made.

Feb 28, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #34 of 35
Well, RE0 probably won't be falling out of your ears, unless your canals are unusually large, but you may keep on loosing the seal often, which can be very annoying.

RE0 could be worn over the ear fine with some bendable earhooks from Phonak PFE or Senn IE series.

Mar 1, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #35 of 35
Don't get the ER 6i for the gym. It's a great set. I went though two of them in a year or so. The problem is I spent 5 days a week during the summer and 3 days a week during the hockey season in the gym. The wear and tear is just too great for the er 6i to handle.

I would suggest a better constructed IEM like Shure SE 110/210 etc. I have the RE0s as well, but from previous experiences my Shure SE110 just was a lot tougher.

For example, I wore the SE110's on the ice during stick and puck practices, and work out in the gym with no problems. Other headphones I've brought to the gym just don't compare to the build quality (but not sound quality) of the shure se's for gym time.

For better sounding monitors though, the RE0 wins hands down, better than the ER 6i

Users who are viewing this thread

Back