ER-6i silicon tip alternatives?
Jul 2, 2007 at 5:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Zeiram

New Head-Fier
I'm certain this has been asked before, and I've found a few hits when I searched. But those were for foam tips, and I want silicon tips.

Are there any alternatives to the flanged tips that the er-6is come with? Something softer like the ones shures, and such? In fact could I just buy shure tip replacements and use those?

The I'm happy with my er-6i's sounds. But the tips foam and flanged are uncomfortable, and I really don't like having to roll the foams each time.

Anyhow, thanks for your time and any help.

Jul 2, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeiram /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm certain this has been asked before, and I've found a few hits when I searched. But those were for foam tips, and I want silicon tips.

Are there any alternatives to the flanged tips that the er-6is come with? Something softer like the ones shures, and such? In fact could I just buy shure tip replacements and use those?

The I'm happy with my er-6i's sounds. But the tips foam and flanged are uncomfortable, and I really don't like having to roll the foams each time.

Anyhow, thanks for your time and any help.

The Shures will work. The ER-6 (non -i) biflanges will work too, and I highly recommend trying them out. They are a much softer and more flexible tip than the ER-6i flanges (tri- or bi-), and IME they provide really good isolation.

Jul 2, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #4 of 7
........other than foamies, my overwhelming preference is to use Shure Softflex tips with them. You may usually find it desirable to use a single edged razorblade to slightly shorten the center stalk of the tips so that bottem edge of the softflex slightly overlaps the leading edge of the er6i .........you will enjoy them without constantly replacing them week after week.

Jul 2, 2007 at 10:11 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
........other than foamies, my overwhelming preference is to use Shure Softflex tips with them.

x2, very very comfortable.

Jul 2, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #6 of 7
This is a your-mileage-may-vary issue. I tried just about everything for my ER4s (which come with the same tips as the 6i)--comply foam, Ety foam, and Shure olives, but finally settled on Ety 2-flange clear tips as the most comfortable for me. Foam tips make me feel like my ear is blowing up, but the 2-flange tips are just big enough without pressing too much, and they're softer and smoother than the 3-flange ones. For me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back