ER-6 CAME!! But.. a few things...
Mar 31, 2004 at 5:39 AM Post #46 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by iamdone
I am one of those that thought the ER-6 just wasn't worth it. I gave them 2 weeks before swapping them for the ER-4P. Even though these wore a lot more, they were better in every way. The ER-6 was too harsh, had no bass, and made me dizzy. The ER-4P also works well if you want to do any upgrades by adding an amp and getting P to S converter cable.

I haven't tried the Shure E2 or E3 but I wouldn't recommend the ety ER-6.

I still currently think the ER-4S beats the Shure E5C with certain amps.

Same exact sentiments and condition here. The ER-6's treble response was simply overwhelmingly bright and harsh, at least to my ears. I was very much more impressed with the ER-4P, well of course I could always use more bass
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 31, 2004 at 7:04 AM Post #48 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by TeRrAPh0eNiX
I'll upgrade when i need to. I'm perfectly happy with these.

(At least i think so.
biggrin.gif
)

TeRrAPh0eNiX just went up in price. You got them at a good price
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2004 at 11:11 PM Post #49 of 49
2 months later... i am loving them. The representations of some Tool songs (bah, all of them) are absolutely awesome. Drums are outside my head!

There is a noticeable soundstage (i think, if this is what it is), instrument seperation is good (i can place seperate sounds inside my head), comfort has gone way up; wearing them for <5 hours is awesome. Isolation is great; i can barely hear anything at school.

I'm going to try to make my own foamies out of earplugs, but if they don't work i'll buy a new pack of 10-12 from Etymotic.
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back