Er-4P with metal music
Aug 4, 2003 at 9:08 PM Post #17 of 21
Sent the K271's back and got the er-4p's and am listening to Opeth - The Drapery Falls right now. This song goes from accoustic guitar and mellow singing to death a few times, so I figured it gives an A/B comparison in itself.

The slower parts are amazing....detail and smooth. When it goes to the death it's not quite as impressive, it's still detailed, but it misses impact. The Grados do that better, without question. It almost seems flat compared to them.

Aug 5, 2003 at 4:38 AM Post #20 of 21
Hey psyco, is this coming from a portable source? And do you have any bass steps on? Can anyone tell me how much better the bass is on the etys with bass steps?

Quote:

Originally posted by psyco1
Sent the K271's back and got the er-4p's and am listening to Opeth - The Drapery Falls right now. This song goes from accoustic guitar and mellow singing to death a few times, so I figured it gives an A/B comparison in itself.

The slower parts are amazing....detail and smooth. When it goes to the death it's not quite as impressive, it's still detailed, but it misses impact. The Grados do that better, without question. It almost seems flat compared to them.

Aug 5, 2003 at 11:19 PM Post #21 of 21
It's through an Aiwa PDCP> Mapletree Ear+ Basic amp. It puts out more than enough power for the P models low impedence. This player has 3 different eq settings, one is called rock and if it were on a real eq, it'd look like ---__---.

With that on, I found the bass digging a well in the basement, and I didn't have a basement until then. It goes into the "omg how can these little things do that?" zone.

Without the "eq" button, the bass is part of the music and realistic, though somewhat distant like the rest of the range. It's just not the best thing for rock. With it, mid deficiency galore.

I'll keep it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back