ER-4P too fragile for commuting?
Apr 25, 2007 at 11:30 AM Post #16 of 22
I've had mine ER-4s since 1998. The only times that they have become damaged is when using the foamies (which use mental sleeves that, in my experience, eventually weaken the stems) or custom earpieces (which can also damage the stems when inserted less than perfectly). They seem virtually indestructable when using the tri-flanges - short of stepping on them when they've fallen to the floor.

Apr 25, 2007 at 12:15 PM Post #17 of 22
Hey buddy, I lugged my ER-4S everyday with reckless abandon. If not plugged to my ears they would dangle from my neck and to date they have survived even the most extreme of conditions. Two weeks in chilly and wet Seattle weather and back in Malaysia 27-40 degrees of heat and humidity...you name it. But she stood the tests solidly...
etysmile.gif

Apr 25, 2007 at 12:25 PM Post #18 of 22
In the meanwhile, I'm loving them. It took 24 hours to get used to them. I love the details and the sound signature. At first they sounded a bit dry (using triflanges, even with a perfect seal). Now I'm using the provided black foamies and the bass is a bit better. I also like to use some bass boost (that my player does well without losing any details). With foam m tips + slight bass boost, they sound lovely, more organic than they was at first and absolutely not aggressive like the djays sounded.

Apr 25, 2007 at 7:19 PM Post #19 of 22
It help with getting used to them, to wet your fingertips and rub the water on the tri flanges, then open your mouth really wide in an O shape... While pulling the bottom lobe of your ear down and inserting them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back