ER-4P owners help with BASS
Jan 24, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #16 of 20
The only time I've heard Etys put out a quality bass presence is with the Lisa III amp. Even then, it is the high end detail that shines on the Ety. If bass quantity rather than quality matters to you and you can get past the hiss, the cheapest way to go would be to add a Fiio E3 or E5, though the treble might sound a little harsh with the Ety.

Jan 24, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #17 of 20
Well I've got just about a whole 3 hours on this little amp now! Woohoo! I did a little eqing, which I'm usually against, in foobar which further helped things in the low end. At this point I'm trying to decide between the APureSound cable or the custom molds. Thoughts?

-sid

Jan 24, 2009 at 8:03 AM Post #18 of 20
I am an owner of ER-4P. On my very first days with it I posted a similar thread like you do. Many advised me to give ER-4P some time. I moved from Sony EX90 LP to ER-4P and I suffered a lot from loosing the bass side. Yes, the detail on high is just right and simply awesome. But the low side is just gone somewhere deep in that opened sound stage.

After a month of continuous listening, I found it is the best I have been listening to and ever since I change myself from the big-bassed fan to be someone else. Give it a bit more time, putting all the other rig might improve your experience, or in the other word tune your phone into something you have been loving. It is not definitive the real ER-4P though.

I posted a thread yesterday as well, since I got myself a SE530 and feel lost again. But the guys answered my thread are right. I need time and open mind more to give SE530 shows me the other side of musicality rather than keep 1:1 comparing to the ER-4P. It is by any mean from different worlds.

enjoy!

Feb 11, 2009 at 4:56 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
P-S adaptor.
Amp with bass boost.
Enough said.

Either that or get new IEMs.
tongue.gif

I think you may probably change your iphone to a B&O player...
which will provide great bass sound than you expected from er4...

Feb 11, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #20 of 20
Try shure olives with the ER-4Ps. It isolates very well thereby locking in the sound including the bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back