Equation RP-15MC: Post your pics here!
Jul 2, 2007 at 8:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

slag

100+ Head-Fier
To date there are VERY FEW pictures of these headphones! I haven't seen ANY pictures of them on someone's head! Geepers!

So... post your RP15-MC pictures here! I'll be posting a bunch as soon as I receive mine in the mail.

Jul 2, 2007 at 10:55 PM Post #3 of 32
lol.. MINE JUST CAME IN TODAY! ALL I can say is LOL. hahahahaha

I really don't know where to start with these things...
Okay so I open em up and they look a lot nicer than they do in pictures I've seen, really rugged and quality design. Actually, I think theyre a bit more rugged than their big brother. They look pretty unique and I think it's kinda cool.

Sonically: I pop the cord into them, and stick em in my zune, I play a random song off shuffle. Some mellow deep chillout/trance comes on and I'm literally blown away by the bass power. These things kick harder than my DT 770's (pro/80) ever did. My K81DJ's are weak in comparision. I can't believe nobody has mentioned this. They sound like completely different cans than then RP-21's. The RP-21's are nice and airy while these are more upfront and in your face and really lack the ability to produce good natural ambience. Anyway, I just can't get over the bass. It's the strongest I've ever heard in a headphone. At the same time it doesnt really drown/muffle the other dynamics too bad (but still more than my liking). I'll do some more in depth analysis once I give them time to burn in and after I get a little more used to them. Straight off the bat I can tell you the 21's are way more neutral.

Isolation: Doesn't really get much better than this. They have to be turned up way to loud by the time anyone around me would hear music leaking from them.

Comfort: They clamp DAMN hard, I might have to bend em a little. I do beleive it's made of spring steal so it should be safe. The pads feel very nice even though they press pretty tight.

Sonically, these are very enjoyable. They may not work for some people for music such as classical or stuff needing lots of reverb/ambiance and space due to the upfront nature of their sound. Not a bad investment at all and quite enjoyable so far. I'll put some pics up later, I think they're great.
smily_headphones1.gif

....Oh, and I forgot to mention they're extremely easy to drive. Actually they drive easier than my K81DJ's.

Jul 2, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #4 of 32
Err... that's not so good...

I hope they're not as bassy as you mention. LTUCCI describes them as almost the same as the RP-21, just smaller and more portable.

Maybe (hopefully!!!) they just need some burn-in...

Jul 2, 2007 at 11:13 PM Post #5 of 32
Yes, it's been said that their treble is made more prominent by burn in. Didn't you sold your SR60's for warmer cans?
You got them. :p

Jul 3, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #7 of 32
I dunno, to me they still sound nothing like the rp-21's I've had them repeating some tracks for a few hours now...

Jul 3, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #8 of 32
Do mind taking the foam from the drivers and seeing how they sound like? Maybe that will open things a bit.

Jul 3, 2007 at 1:01 AM Post #9 of 32
As promised....

123432434oh1.jpg

234234se0.jpg

I think my next investment needs to be a better camera
smily_headphones1.gif

Note: They're not actually that dark of an orange color, itt's more of a lighter metallic orange with a hint of gold almost. I quite like it. I haven't seen any online pictures that actually capture it correctly.

Jul 3, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #10 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do mind taking the foam from the drivers and seeing how they sound like? Maybe that will open things a bit.

Oh I see. Yes, this did make a significant improvement with my k81's. Why do manufacturers put the extra foam in there if it detracts from sound quality?

Anyway, these ones are under the pads and then glued straight on the drivers. It's not as simple as just pulling them out. Do I dare start picking away at the foam? I'm contemplating on just leaving it. Must be there like that for a reason I'd think.

Jul 3, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #11 of 32
They pull off if they are like the RP-21's because the foam is stuck with double sided tape. You can even put the foam back very easily. I used some thin foam as no foam was too much in highs but with thin foam the sound is very good and it opened up the 21's more than they already were but I am also using leather ear pads for Beyerdynamics, which improves bass and general sound.

Jul 3, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #12 of 32
Didn't know it was glued. LTC...took his off. Just leave it there then. I wish I can buy one to see how it sounds like.

And it's quite awesome lookin, really. I'm contemplating on buying one just because they look pretty cool.
As for the color, someone mentioned them to be similar to the 350zs in Sunrise Orange.

Similar to this I'm guessin: http://www.autosarticulated.com/arch..._350z_side.jpg

AWESOME.

Jul 3, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As for the color, someone mentioned them to be similar to the 350zs in Sunrise Orange.

Similar to this I'm guessin: http://www.autosarticulated.com/arch..._350z_side.jpg

AWESOME.

Yes you are correct it's sort of in between that color and the color of the picture I posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back