Equalizing works this well?
Jan 9, 2011 at 4:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Hydrocharged

100+ Head-Fier
I have the Triple.Fi 10s and had been pretty content with them. For me, the bass response was decent, but it wasn't as I had been expecting it to be after reading about them on this forum (people saying the bass was overwhelming, monsterous, etc.). I had heard someone saying that these things responded to EQ'ing very well, and I had tried to do it using the stock music app on my phone. It didn't help any without seriously distorting the sound. So, I thought that these people probably had amps that could EQ or a better media player. Just yesterday, I downloaded a new music app that had, supposedly, great EQ settings. Much to my surprise, the EQ'ing on this app doesn't distort the music! Now, I'm able to tune the bass to how I want it (thunderous) while keeping everything else just as clear! Does EQ'ing work this well with other headphones? Or just those that have multiple drivers?

Jan 13, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #2 of 2
congradulations on discovering the wonders of quality eq.  i am a big advocate of the same.   What i have noticed is that a good eq, can really show you what a headphone is capable of.  all headphones are imbalanced, but one of the differences between good headphones and crappy headphones is their ABILITY to produce good sound, rather than their simple production of good sound right out of the box.  A good headphone will respond better to eq'ing because its more capable of producing a hight frequency range  and "good" sound to begin with.   for example.. eq some apple ear buds and you wont get much improvement b/c they simply cant produce quality frequency response or "good sound" no matter what you do, however step up to even something as basic as some sennheiser px100's and watch in amazement at how well they respond to EQ.    the bottom line is if you get decent headphones, they will respond better to eq.  Most headphones that arent total crap will do well with EQ's.  it really depends most of all on the headphones ability to produce a wide frequency response and not distort, or just sound crappy within that range.   I'm sorry this is a very dumbed down explaination as my technical knowlege is nil, but hopefully you get the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back