Equalizer for windows 10 + Tidal
Jul 25, 2020 at 12:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

grooveriders

100+ Head-Fier
I just got the Senn HD800 and the 6-7kHz is too harsh for my ears. Would love to have an eq to adjust the sound. Mainly using Tidal to stream (Master), are there any eq software available ? The only one that I know of is Amarra Luxe if I understand correctly it allows the adjustment of the eq, is it worth the price?
Thanks

Jul 26, 2020 at 1:55 AM Post #3 of 9
Jul 26, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #4 of 9
I prefer to use Roon, or better yet built-in EQ if your hardware supports it.

Feb 16, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #5 of 9
Yes! Equalizer APO is fantastic! However, I can only use it on my windows laptop and not on my iphone. Boom eq is the only option, but it sounds like hot garbage to me. As soon as they come back in stock, I'm going to get a qudelix 5k. It looks awesome with a 10 band fully parametric eq, huge amount of power for the size, and an ok dac (better than my apple dongle).

Oct 7, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #7 of 9
I downloaded Peace, but the systemwide EQ does not touch the tidal app. Has anyone else here had that issue?
Peace doesn't work with Exclusive Mode if you have it enabled in Tidal. If you absolutely need Exclusive Mode mode Roon will support EQ and Tidal.

Feb 3, 2023 at 1:26 AM Post #8 of 9
Peace doesn't work with Exclusive Mode if you have it enabled in Tidal. If you absolutely need Exclusive Mode mode Roon will support EQ and Tidal.

Seems to be working for me? I have my sound device setup to be able to be taken over exclusively. Tidal is playing, and Peace is definitely changing the sound of the music.

Feb 3, 2023 at 2:50 AM Post #9 of 9

Actually, Peace works with any driver mode and also with ASIO too because of it has nothing to do with audio/drivers ... it's just a GUI to prepare a file called peace.txt (peace.txt holds filtering commands given in Peace GUI which then are used by EqualizerAPO when included in config.txt) 🧙‍♂️

(IIRC) EqualizerAPO's Voicemeeter integration allows use of ASIO/WASAPI Exclusive mode in playback but, complicates the audio path quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back