EQ31 - 1/3 Oct Graphics Equalizer for Windows
Oct 14, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #6 of 27
I freaking love you.
Just got my Modi, and found that EqualizerAPO program, but didn't want to bother with the text based configuration.

Gonna try this out.

EDIT: Possibly stupid question, but is there a minimum post limit before I can download attachments on those forums? I just registered, looking at your thread in the uploads section, and all I see is "Attachment: EQ31 for 32-bit Windows Vista/7/8 (packed using 7-zip)." in the post, but no download link.

I registered and verified my email, and im logged in o_O

Oct 15, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #7 of 27
Wow I'm suprised no1 has done this EQ a proper GUI before, this is exactly what we needed. Although no use for me as I'm using 64bit OS and I read in some comments it supposedly only works with 32bit T_T

(why use 32bit OS in first place in this day and age other than old retired family comps ^^)

Oct 15, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #8 of 27
Originally Posted by PanpandaChan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

EDIT: Possibly stupid question, but is there a minimum post limit before I can download attachments on those forums? I just registered, looking at your thread in the uploads section, and all I see is "Attachment: EQ31 for 32-bit Windows Vista/7/8 (packed using 7-zip)." in the post, but no download link.

I registered and verified my email, and im logged in o_O

I'm not sure why they took the upload off ... maybe they were afraid of possible bandwith ... anyway, I was going to do that on my own ...?

Good news: I'm gonna release the whole project (2 channel version) in few days as freeware.  I'll post the links when downloadable.

jiiteepee

Oct 15, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #9 of 27
  Wow I'm suprised no1 has done this EQ a proper GUI before, this is exactly what we needed. Although no use for me as I'm using 64bit OS and I read in some comments it supposedly only works with 32bit T_T

(why use 32bit OS in first place in this day and age other than old retired family comps ^^)

I agree. Immediadly when I bumped to EqualizerAPO I started learning C++ so I be able to make this GUI.

Actually I still use Vista 32-bit in my programming PC
biggrin.gif

As mentioned earlier, I'm gonna release the source code --> you can build 64-bit version on your own (my plan is to get 64-bit OS around Dec.)

jiiteepee

Oct 15, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #11 of 27
Sounds good, looking forward to it.

I use 64bit as well, but I dont quite understand why it wont work? All this does in terms of interacting with EqualizerAPO is provide it with a .txt right?
Is it just because the default install directories for EqualizerAPO is different on x86 and x64? 32-bit programs are stuffed into C:\Program Files (x86) while C:\Program Files is reserved for 64-bit programs now. At least thats how it is in Windows 7.

If this is the only problem, it seems like I can just manually move the .txt over. Which I wouldnt mind.

Oct 16, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #12 of 27

I use 64bit as well, but I dont quite understand why it wont work? All this does in terms of interacting with EqualizerAPO is provide it with a .txt right?
Is it just because the default install directories for EqualizerAPO is different on x86 and x64? 32-bit programs are stuffed into C:\Program Files (x86) while C:\Program Files is reserved for 64-bit programs now. At least thats how it is in Windows 7.

If this is the only problem, it seems like I can just manually move the .txt over. Which I wouldnt mind.

Ahh yea that's most likely it.

Oct 16, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #13 of 27

I have not checked how the 64-bit software differs from 32-bit software but if that's the only difference needed to do (in this case) I can fix it so that the 32-bit version stores the config.txt for 64-bit installation of EqAPO.

jiiteepee

Oct 16, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #14 of 27

I have not checked how the 64-bit software differs from 32-bit software but if that's the only difference needed to do (in this case) I can fix it so that the 32-bit version stores the config.txt for 64-bit installation of EqAPO.

jiiteepee

Just make the path to the .txt file configurable and problem solved.

Oct 20, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #15 of 27
Update!

EQ31GUI-2 project package is now available for download.
It's still only for 32-bit Windows Vista--> but I tried to fix the issue with config.txt path mentioned earlier.

DL link can be found in post #1.

jiiteepee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back