EQ software for beginner for laptop/computer
Jan 1, 2017 at 12:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

canali

Headphoneus Supremus
hi guys...does any sort of reliable EQ software exist
to download to one's computer/laptop, to tweak the sounds
on one's desktop speakers at all?
i'm using audioengine A5+ and a iF micro idsd dac.

or does one have to buy some control board with EQ software and hook it up that way?

cheers and thanks

Jan 3, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #4 of 5
you can find many many EQ as a VST. depending on the audio player you use on your computer it can be more or less of a pain in the butt to get started. and I suggest you go ask in the dedicated topic for your media player if you can't figure out how to install something.

I also suggest to get it right from the start and use a parametric EQ instead of all the crappy slider stuff with way too little settings to achieve anything right. maybe some of those suggested here http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2011/03/03/bpb-freeware-studio-best-free-parametric-equalizer-vst-plugins/

all those VST stuff when they work will be integrated into your audio player software as a plug in or a VST, they won't show up as an independent program, only as a pop up in your player. the obvious limitation being that they won't EQ a youtube video. if you want system wide EQ, then something like equalizer apo suggested above would be the more direct way to do it.

at the top of the EQ food chain you have non free monsters that the pros use like ProQ or DMG equilibrium. we usually don't need 1/10th of the options, but they're factual good stuff.

so yeah there is choice, so much so that it's kind of annoying to pick one ^_^.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back