EQ in Mac OS for Macbook Pro?
Apr 27, 2018 at 9:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

echoplex

New Head-Fier
I am trying to figure out how to access and use the EQ function in the Mac OS. I've read about this EQ and other AU settings in multiple sources, but have never seen a step-by-step guide or illustration of how to get it/them to work. I know that iTunes cannot access the EQ in the OS. I've read that the Vox player can, but my free version has never been able to load my music library, and it appears to give access only to its own, much more rudimentary, EQ settings.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.

Apr 28, 2018 at 12:11 AM Post #2 of 6
Boom3D
Boom2
eqMac2
SoundSource
SoundFlower + AU Lab
Sound Siphon
Sonorworks
etc

Or

Schiit Loki EQer or DEQ2496 etc

I forget/cant describe how to install/or use it.
some software/old versions are still buggy...

Last edited:
May 3, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #3 of 6
I am trying to figure out how to access and use the EQ function in the Mac OS. I've read about this EQ and other AU settings in multiple sources, but have never seen a step-by-step guide or illustration of how to get it/them to work. I know that iTunes cannot access the EQ in the OS. I've read that the Vox player can, but my free version has never been able to load my music library, and it appears to give access only to its own, much more rudimentary, EQ settings.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.
just go to the window menu and click on "equalizer"
jrf

May 23, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #4 of 6
Boom 2 works for me. Costs some money but has great UI and seems to maintain the SQ pretty well. You can save different EQ configurations for different setups and then switch between them very quickly, as well as have a keyboard shortcut availability to quickly switch the EQ on/off.

Mar 20, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #5 of 6
Boom 2 works for me. Costs some money but has great UI and seems to maintain the SQ pretty well. You can save different EQ configurations for different setups and then switch between them very quickly, as well as have a keyboard shortcut availability to quickly switch the EQ on/off.
Do you have any issues with audio interrupting for a second every once in a while?

Mar 22, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #6 of 6
Do you have any issues with audio interrupting for a second every once in a while?
Maybe once in a while. I can't deny that whenever I turn Boom on, it may clip and distort slightly in the first ~5 seconds. Don't know if it's a software issue or a sound calibration. Nonetheless, after that I almost never notice any issues.

However I must admit that I haven't used Boom 2 too much lately because I upgraded my DAC from a poor and cheap entry level device to Pro-Ject's double flagship ESS chipped Pre Box S2 Digital. After this upgrade I finally enjoy the pure sound that is driven thru pro-ject and no need for EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back