Epiphany Acoustics join Head-Fi with the EHP-O2 portable headphone amp
Dec 12, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #20 of 132
Welcome aboard, Oliver - now get my amp in a box and ship the bleeding thing ! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #26 of 132
I bought one of the O2's a while back.  It should be shipping soon, I hope.

Dec 14, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #27 of 132
My apologies for not posting in this thread these last few days - I have been spending ever waking hour finalising this batch of EHP-O2 orders (time flies when you have to do everything 50 times!).

British, European and US orders have been shipped. Orders from the rest of the world are ready to go out tomorrow, along with the additional orders for which payments were received in the last 2 days.

I would be very interested in selling the ODA although I'll have to look into it more closely to determine the sales price (which will of course be higher than the EHP-O2 due to the higher costs of the enclosure etc).

Dec 14, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #28 of 132

Quote:
+1, if you can keep this around $250 you have a winner on your hands. 

Based on Voldemort's estimates, I think you are dreaming.

HOW MUCH? Many have asked about the cost. I’m guessing the ODA itself will be around $30 more than a complete O2. That would put the total DIY price somewhere around $130 without the DAC option. Just the board would be under $70 complete and fully functional if you build it yourself. And I’m told the optional assembled, programmed and tested ODAC board should be under $100. These are all just estimates and subject to change. The more popular the ODA and ODAC become, the lower the price will probably go.

Given the hue-and-cry over the actual cost of parts for the DiY Objective2 versus nwavguy's original, very optimistic numbers, I would add at least $20 to that board cost, barring a very large group buy. Oliver currently sells the EHP-02 for the equivalent of around 155 USD, but that is with a smaller enclosure, no requirement to implement a DAC and a very cheap adaptor. Again, Voldemort is clear on the power upgrade he wants for the ODA:

Higher Quality Power Supply – The half-wave power supply in the O2 is something of a compromise for size, cost, and battery charging reasons. The ODA power supply improves on the O2’s in several ways.

Wild guess, I'm thinking at least 350USD plus postage, but that's before we've even seen the complete details fleshed out for the desktop DAC/amp version. From memory, the USB-equipped Bifrost comes in at $349, and that seems to be considered excellent VFM here. As always, I will be very happy to be proved wrong, but unless the pound really plummets (further..) against our respective currencies, I dont see 250USD as a feasible number.

Dec 15, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #29 of 132

Quote:
Based on Voldemort's estimates, I think you are dreaming.

HOW MUCH? Many have asked about the cost. I’m guessing the ODA itself will be around $30 more than a complete O2. That would put the total DIY price somewhere around $130 without the DAC option. Just the board would be under $70 complete and fully functional if you build it yourself. And I’m told the optional assembled, programmed and tested ODAC board should be under $100. These are all just estimates and subject to change. The more popular the ODA and ODAC become, the lower the price will probably go.

Given the hue-and-cry over the actual cost of parts for the DiY Objective2 versus nwavguy's original, very optimistic numbers, I would add at least $20 to that board cost, barring a very large group buy. Oliver currently sells the EHP-02 for the equivalent of around 155 USD, but that is with a smaller enclosure, no requirement to implement a DAC and a very cheap adaptor. Again, Voldemort is clear on the power upgrade he wants for the ODA:

Higher Quality Power Supply – The half-wave power supply in the O2 is something of a compromise for size, cost, and battery charging reasons. The ODA power supply improves on the O2’s in several ways.

Wild guess, I'm thinking at least 350USD plus postage, but that's before we've even seen the complete details fleshed out for the desktop DAC/amp version. From memory, the USB-equipped Bifrost comes in at $349, and that seems to be considered excellent VFM here. As always, I will be very happy to be proved wrong, but unless the pound really plummets (further..) against our respective currencies, I dont see 250USD as a feasible number.

Thanks for putting this in perspective. :) 

Dec 15, 2011 at 5:39 AM Post #30 of 132
The original numbers were actually vaguely accurate - but they were for nothing but the populated board. Add case and AC wallwart - not to mention shipping for everything - and it goes up a fair bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back