Entry level audiophile headphones
May 18, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #16 of 21
If you can afford it the 595s are a great starter...the 555 would be the cheaper choice.

Grado is sort of a mixed bag for people...i love their sound, hate their comfort. NO GRADO cept for the GS1000s (with the huge ear pads) were comfortable to wear for extended periods of time. I havent tried the Cpads though, heard they are pretty comfortable.

May 18, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagasaki_Kid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's with people recommending headphones as if everyone lived in America. Did you people even read the first post? When someone say they are from India and their choice are limited please do some research first. It's like those people suggesting grados to foreigners not realizing that they cost much more out of the US compared to other choices.

Yes I did read his post. Now did you read his first post as well as in which he expressed interest in SR80s? I recommended him both the SR60 because of the 1/8 plug and people find the pads more comfortable and the Cowon D2 has a 1/8 plug.

One last thing. He did mention the Phillips he was looking at was about 90 USD. If he brought a used Grado for let's say $55 to $60 used here and someone was willing to ship international from the US to India then it would be around $36.00 for a 3 pound package using Express post. The Grado SR60s or SR80s don't weigh over 3 pounds
wink.gif
. I've used Express Post many times to send out cans to our foreign HP lovers international. That would be slightly over budget but still under the $100 mark. If I had to ship it to him India and I already included shipping in CONUS, I would pass on the savings to him and just have him pay some of difference in price to ship to India so it wouldn't be the full $36.00. Like you mentioned below:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagasaki_Kid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
please do some research first.

May 18, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #19 of 21
im thinking the SR60 will be to shrill and bass shy for his first can...i think something with a bigger overall sound will be a better starter can.

If you listen to lots of Rock, then the grado is a great can. Its a very different sound compared to others though. Some people find it to be to bright, others dislike the bass....

Ive owned the MS1 and the 225...they are more of a laid back sound, not as HOT as the 60s or 80s.

May 19, 2008 at 7:38 PM Post #21 of 21
Just click on the following link and you can get anything from US while paying in Indian rupees. the person would charge you for shipping and all terms and conditions are mentioned on the linked page. i have ordered many times from this person and he is very reliable. so just get advice from the experts here and move over to this link to get your dream headphones.
600smile.gif

TechEnclave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back