Enter to Win: Moshi Audio Clarus Earphones
Jun 16, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #77 of 163
In the hopes a poor Canadian can be chosen here are my answers:

I have kept IEM's that are comfortable and easy to wear, have a clear clean midrange and treble with easily discerned detail, bass is present but controlled and never over shadows the rest of the sound frequency.

Jun 16, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #81 of 163
For me, being 70 years old and with declining hearing:

isolation- allows me to block extraneous noise and concentrate on detail

clarity- that which makes a clarinet sound like a clarinet, and a flute like a flute

realism- that wow factor that I'm really there and that the players are in the room with me.

Jun 16, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #82 of 163
In no particular order: Relative neutrality of the sound signature, bass impact and control, and the very favorable performance/price ratio.

Jun 18, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #84 of 163
1) Comfort - It is pointless to have great sounding headphones if they are uncomfortable to wear
2) Construction - this covers durability, ease of use, folding/portability, quality of cable, etc - once again, great sound is pointless if it is too delicate to handle and/or too inconvenient to use
3) sound reproduction - for casual listening I'm actually not too picky about the actual sound quality, but there should at least be adequate bass response, limited treble peaks, and sufficiently quick decay times that sound isn't blurry. 

Jun 20, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #89 of 163
My 3 fav are...

1. Personality 
2. comfort
3. grit - basically they dont quit, give up, or want you to have to switch pairs to listen to different types of music. 

Pick me Pick me Pick me!!!! 

basshead.gif

Jun 20, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #90 of 163
My favorite features of an IEM...

1. Detail - capturing instrument separation and subtle tones around vocals...

2. Presentation - balanced, open, grand imaging that sounds natural and real.

3. Comfort - Designed with the listener in mind. Fit, cables, ergonomics, carrying case all should support the IEM and it's daily use.

Woot woot!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back