Enter to win a Bowie-Inspired MOMENTUM Headphone from Sennheiser [U.S. Residents only]
Mar 19, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #77 of 112
  Sounds like these guys are "Afraid of Americans"

....yeah now I'm really just throwing out Bowie references.

If I get these headphones I'll listen to Bowie's entire discography in a row.

... yea I might have to do the same

i want it so bad

I think we all do at this point

Mar 23, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #80 of 112
  .... USA States again.. 

triportsad.gif

Why is it only for U.S. people?

Only US? .........bahhhhhhhh

British Artist.
German Headphone.
U.S. Competition. 
blink.gif

German company has contest to honor British music legend.

US RESIDENTS ONLY

British Artist.
German Headphone.
U.S. Competition. 
blink.gif

Victoria and Albert Museum...

Where is that again? Oh yeah, bloody London.
mad.gif

So I can go to the exhibition. Get there in an hour. Try to enter a competition to celebrate Sennheiser’s partnership with the Victoria and Albert Museum’s “David Bowie is” exhibition. Not a chance. Sorry you have to live over 3000 miles away. 

Why is it only for U.S. people?

Are there other people?  who matter?

...like the 'World Series'?

Mar 23, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #81 of 112

On Page 2 of this thread @Rosmadi Mahmood wrote: "This contest was initiated by Sennheiser USA and it needs to abide by certain laws and regulations which in this instance, limits the participation to just US residents.  For our global fans, please rest assured that we've not forgotten you. Do bear with us for we will launch several new exciting campaigns/contests in the next weeks."

Maybe you could ask Sennheiser UK to sponsor a contest like this for you, k?

Mar 23, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #82 of 112
Unfortunately Sennheiser GmbH (or its in country organisations) seem to have the mind set that this is a US only forum and not international one! As far as I am aware only the US distribution company is represented here.
Sennheiser UK have sponsored a UK meet in central London (not convenient for many) and also provided raffle prizes. Whilst this has been very much appreciated, as is this competition, it would be great if the company could take here a more international community view here rather than just in country.
You cite US rules and regulations, but it seems strange that other international companies and publications don't seem to be fettered by these?

I would not wish to single out Sennheiser specifically for such criticism, but any sponsor or manufacturer who wishes to run competitions or offers on this forum. 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
  On Page 2 of this thread @Rosmadi Mahmood wrote: "This contest was initiated by Sennheiser USA and it needs to abide by certain laws and regulations which in this instance, limits the participation to just US residents.  For our global fans, please rest assured that we've not forgotten you. Do bear with us for we will launch several new exciting campaigns/contests in the next weeks."

Mar 23, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #83 of 112

Yes, thank you for that.  I was just having a fair and fitting dig at general Americo-centricisms.  Don't take it personally.

Mar 23, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #84 of 112
  Yes, thank you for that.  I was just having a fair and fitting dig at general Americo-centricisms.  Don't take it personally.

The problem is that the international head-fi community has found it necessary to bash the American head-fi members because we are AMERICAN.  We did not initiate this contest, Sennheiser USA did that.

Mar 23, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #85 of 112

The problem is that the international head-fi community has found it necessary to bash the American head-fi members because we are AMERICAN.  We did not initiate this contest, Sennheiser USA did that.

I'm sorry, I only meant it as light hearted banter.

Mar 23, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #86 of 112
I didn't see anyone bash American Head-Fi members, just U.S.-only contests.  Nothing personal.  If you need a salve for your wounded ego, might I suggest signing up for the giveaway?

Mar 26, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #89 of 112
BY ACCEPTING A PRIZE, EACH WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” AND RELEASES AND AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND FACEBOOK FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH AND PROPERTY, ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY.

I hope the winners aren't murdered...

Mar 26, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #90 of 112
BY ACCEPTING A PRIZE, EACH WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” AND RELEASES AND AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND FACEBOOK FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH AND PROPERTY, ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY.

I hope the winners aren't murdered...
you have a point maybe the winner should go into hiding? O-o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back