Engadget to Monster Cables: We actually don't endorse your overpriced products.
Apr 18, 2009 at 12:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

randomasdf

100+ Head-Fier
Engadget endorses Monster Cable? Uh, hell no.

dre_wha.jpg

more info:
http://www.gearlog.com/2009/04/engad...ts_to_figh.php

Apr 18, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #4 of 12
Saw this on Reddit, sigh at Monster quoting them out of context (The article in question was before the headphones were even released...) and the quote doesn't even make grammatical sense. Yay prepositions at the end of a sentence!

Apr 18, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by somestranger26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Saw this on Reddit, sigh at Monster quoting them out of context (The article in question was before the headphones were even released...) and the quote doesn't even make grammatical sense. Yay prepositions at the end of a sentence!

Hah, I did too! we should totally gang up on jewmeister =x

If you noticed, I kind of blatantly ripped off the reddit title and modified it a bit

and obligatory link to this for ending sentences with prepositions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8fbrUjjivw

Apr 18, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by somestranger26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yay prepositions at the end of a sentence!

Actually, it is generally accepted nowadays by most English teachers.

Apr 18, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #7 of 12
My comment:

Quote:

Beobjective @ Apr 17th 2009 10:30PM

Ok, people, let's get straight to the facts.

People are bias both ways (hate and fanboism) due to these reasons:

It's endorsed by Dr. Dre
It's made by Monster

The fact, is for NOISE CANCELLING headphones (i.e. an alreadly overpriced headphone section), they ARE among the best in their class.
Thing is, just because it's made by Monster, DOES NOT mean it's crap.

In fact, their headphone and earphone products are FAR better and have far more substance than their cables.
e.g. The Monster Turbines canalphones are got a lot of praise from audiophiles, who don't care what brand or who it's made by and they will happily bash 'audiophile brands' if they product isn't up to standard.

The fact is that the Beats have a balanced sound and ARE NOT suited for hip-hop despite it being endorsed by Dr. Dre.
Thing is, unlike most of his fans, Dr. Dre actually has a grasp of sound quality and what it is. Monster reportedly went through several prototypes with Dre before Dr. Dre decided on one he liked.

That said, if you don't need noise canceling, in which most people don't as in-ear monitors (IEM's) and canalphones isolate far better, there are far better products out there sound quality wise for less / same price.

Be objective people and judge the product on what it is, not what it's associated to.

That said, Monster can get over themselves tbh.

Apr 18, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #8 of 12
I've listened to these headphones and on the demo display they had the volume too loud for what the headphones could handle with no control to turn the volume down. They were distorting badly so there was no way I could properly evaluate them. A good headphone at this price should not distort at fairly loud levels even.

Apr 19, 2009 at 11:24 AM Post #10 of 12
I've voted it up. Nothing worse than good points getting down-voted because they go against the tone of the article or the consensus.

I find it interesting that they got Dre to try different pre-production models before he settled on a sound signature and he didn't set one that at least enhanced bass-led music.

Apr 19, 2009 at 11:35 AM Post #12 of 12
AWW snap!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back