Energy drinks!
Aug 7, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #61 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by limin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i care to second his opinion. also i think they did a feature a documentary called "bigger faster stronger" about steroids. anecdotal experience says it's far better than energy drinks and really lasts at least 5 hours

The ingredients on the back are much less than that of a full sized monster, what extra are you getting?

Aug 9, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #66 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
5-Hour Energy Shots vs. the Canned Energy Drinks

It's a marketing scam, vitamins are absorbed into the body with fat and sugars, that is why you are instructed to take pills at meal times, otherwise you will just pee them out. Take B complex or B-12 vitamin pills, on the back of my B-12 which I take daily it says vitamin B-12 - 1,000 mcg - 16,667% daily value, this is because your body will reject what it doesn't use.

Monster:
1.7mg of Riboflavin = 100%
20mg of Niacin = 100%
2mg of Vitamin B6 = 100%
6mcg of Vitamin B12 = 100%

Take a look at those 5-hour energy drivers, the original and extra strength share the same amount of vitamins because they don't contain sugar. The extra strength variant has 2106mg of Energy blend compared to 1870mg from the original. The Monster however has 2500mg of energy blend with the addition of 200mg herbal stimulants (Gingseng) and 1000mg of Taurine.

Aug 9, 2009 at 12:36 AM Post #68 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon G. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bawls.

I don't understand how people can drink Monster, it's like drinking cough syrup.

You underestimate cough syrup's popularity as a recreational drink.

Aug 9, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #69 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon G. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bawls.

I don't understand how people can drink Monster, it's like drinking cough syrup.

I love Monster but can't drink Bawls, personally I find it has no taste. I'm guessing your the sort of person that likes Bud/Carona over say a real dark beer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back