Energy drinks! (Redbull vs. Monster, etc.)
Mar 4, 2012 at 6:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Czilla9000

10 Year Member. Still no custom title.
We've had threads in the past on Coke vs. Pepsi, and that sort of thing, but I'm curious how many of you drink energy drinks... Monster, Redbull, 5 Hour Energy or Rockstar, etc. Would you ever switch brands?

I personal like Monster Absolutely Zero. Tastes very sweet for a 'diet' drink.  And I really like the the classic "energy drink" taste in general. I just wish they made a caffeine-free energy drink for at night (I know kinda against the whole point, but I like the taste.)

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #4 of 13
Back before the state of Oklahoma banned it, I went and tried that drink Four Loko. After two I gave up on them. I remember the state of OKlahoma calling it "liquid cocaine" or "cocaine in a can." LOL it's so overrated.

Mar 8, 2012 at 4:25 AM Post #5 of 13

After doing a bit of reading, all I could think of was Buckfast. 

Regarding energy drinks in general, I've never gotten the appeal - I used to be a very serious coffee drinker, but have found that a non-caffeine diet actually leaves me with more energy and a more stable overall mood (16-20 hour days are not really a problem, and I'm not irritable by the end of it). The closest thing to an "energy drink" in my life is Mango juice, works quite well. 

Pre-switch, there was a Hansen beverage that wasn't bad, but there are other, non-caffeinated beverages that are equally acceptable (such as Izze, or any home-made Italian Soda). 
Quote:
Back before the state of Oklahoma banned it, I went and tried that drink Four Loko. After two I gave up on them. I remember the state of OKlahoma calling it "liquid cocaine" or "cocaine in a can." LOL it's so overrated.

Mar 8, 2012 at 6:05 AM Post #9 of 13
Red Bull tastes disgusting and is overrated IMO.
popcorn.gif

I don't usually drink energy drinks, even when offered for free.
I reckon the new flavour of V, V Blue is the best tasting.

Absolutely smooth and not sour like most energy drinks.

I can send a can for $50 USD including shipping and Paypal fees
atsmile.gif

Just kidding.

But seriously if you're interested, we can arrange something lolololol
L3000.gif

Mar 8, 2012 at 6:21 AM Post #10 of 13

Quote:
Red Bull tastes disgusting and is overrated IMO.
popcorn.gif

I don't usually drink energy drinks, even when offered for free.
I reckon the new flavour of V, V Blue is the best tasting.

Absolutely smooth and not sour like most energy drinks.

I can send a can for $50 USD including shipping and Paypal fees
atsmile.gif

Just kidding.

But seriously if you're interested, we can arrange something lolololol
L3000.gif

Wow 50 usd -_- yeah... sure.......

Mar 8, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:
Gatorade!!!

I've drank my share of Red Bull, Monster, and Rockstar, and tried a few others too.  The Red Bull tonic that's imported in the US and sometimes carried in Asian supermarkets tastes the best.  Aside from that, I have to say I fluctuate between liking, loving, and hating the taste of energy drinks.  Same goes for the energy they provide.  Most of the time I avoid them completely because that stuff can't be good for you.  It's just that sometimes I don't care what's good for me, and some of those times influence my lifestyle as a whole.

Haven't tried 5 Hour Energy.  Anyone with thoughts on that drink?

If I'm gonna pick up an energy drink these days, it's likely to be FRS.  The "energy" ingredients are extracted from fruit, if that's to be believed.  Otherwise it's water, tea, coffee, then soda, then energy drinks, in that order.

Mar 8, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #13 of 13
relentless for me, tastes better than redbull, bigger can and cheaper, also the can is pretty funky (i think, from an alternative point of view)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back