Endgame IEM: Empire Ears Odin or something else?
Jan 25, 2023 at 12:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

gallionetech

Head-Fier
Hey all,

I'm looking for an IEM I can call my "endgame". Im leaning towards the Empire Ears Odin.

I'd prefer something custom, which the Odin offers. I want something that's not perfectly tuned to harman as I tend to find that "dry/lifeless".

Is there any other options you'd recommend? Or would you say the Odin is one of the best options?

Thanks in advance!

Jan 25, 2023 at 8:13 PM Post #3 of 7
Depends on your music preference. There would be quite a lot choices around Odin's price point.

I have owned/ auditioned Aroma Jewel, Nostalgia Carmelot, UM Mest Mk II etc and they all up there with Odin.

Oct 5, 2023 at 10:31 AM Post #5 of 7
Hey all,

I'm looking for an IEM I can call my "endgame". Im leaning towards the Empire Ears Odin.

I'd prefer something custom, which the Odin offers. I want something that's not perfectly tuned to harman as I tend to find that "dry/lifeless".

Is there any other options you'd recommend? Or would you say the Odin is one of the best options?

Thanks in advance!

What are looking exactly? You have Jewel and Traillii right? Do you want something more fun than Traillii? Traillii is safe balance reference but maybe you want fun tuning now?

Odin is fun with forwarded high mids, mids can have little hint of thinness but detail and resolution is one of the best. Bass and trebles are balanced. They have enough bites and details, Bass quality is great too.
I put Odin on my S rank bracket together with Z1R, u12t, Annihilator, and maybe Subtonic Storm (I haven't got chance to try them)

Below that on S- rank I put my UM Mest, Mest MkII, Tia Trio, IER-M9

A+ rank here sit Monarch MkII, Orioulus Traillii, IE900, Vision Ears Phonix, etc

A and below maybe won't impress you so yeah there are other options.

There are some great reviewed IEMs but I haven't try them also : Subtonic Storm, Symphonium Crimson, Thieaudio Monarch MkIII

Depends on your needs and your genre and preferences you can describe more maybe?

Oct 5, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #6 of 7
Ronin is my favorite all-rounder. Aura and Mentor are in the same vicinity.

Odin is very respectable, but I prefer the three I mentioned above. Ragnar is fantastic if you want extreme technical performance and are ok with a leaner/colder tuning with some treble energy (and/or are willing to invest in a third-party cable to warm up the tuning).

Rn6 can very much be an endgame, espcially if you want hard-hitting (but not over the top) bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back