End the mystery about the Yamaha RH5Ma - Lindrone could review them with your help !
Jul 24, 2004 at 7:16 PM Post #31 of 155
I have the RS-60 and Pioneer Monitor-10R that i both paid more then the Yams... you can be sure that i was ready to drop the yams... but things turn out other way...

Jul 24, 2004 at 7:48 PM Post #32 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xplo
This guy's got to be some kind of troll or kook. Honestly, he's talking up a pair of <$50 headphones as if they could compete with some of the most respected headphones out there, while other, more trustworthy posters say they sound like typical cheap closed crap.

Oh okay, I won't believe anything you say until you have over five hundred posts because you are not a "trustworthy poster". Give the guy a chance. If they suck, they suck but for all you and I know they're the best under $100 phones out. He says he has been into hifi audio for a while so he must have some idea of what good sound is.

JV.

Jul 24, 2004 at 7:59 PM Post #33 of 155
Thanks Lil_JV,

The thing is that i vexed some people right when i came on this site with this thread...
wink.gif
Funny how some people react wisely and how others can just complains... complain about what i say about a 45$ cans... thats so funny when you think about it... lol

Jul 24, 2004 at 8:18 PM Post #34 of 155
people didn't quite complain about what you said about the headphones, but more your method. I saw the same post in something like 4 different threads. Just the same old copy and paste off some review site, while leaving out reviews that were not quite positive. Also, in your own review, you didn't compare directly to any established cheap (but good) headphones. your method is what turned people off.

Jul 24, 2004 at 8:26 PM Post #35 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentServices
The thing is that i vexed some people right when i came on this site with this thread...
wink.gif
Funny how some people react wisely and how others can just complains... complain about what i say about a 45$ cans... thats so funny when you think about it... lol

Dude, you can keep going with the "it's everyone, but me" mental tricks if that keeps your world in order, but you came here, pasted the same edited comments in at least three simultaneous threads, criticized other phones under less than ideal circumstances, dismiss other members when the lodge reasonable responses, try to get others to pay to prove you're right, then still believe it's everyone else's attitudes... your motives being pure and all. It doesn't matter if the Yahamas are the best under $500 phones. Most here would love a $50 amazing pair! Look how the KSC35s are always being recommended. Your behavior is the cause of this reaction. Somehow this reaction doesn't hit everyone when they show up to Head-Fi, nor when someone makes an unusual recommendation. Seriously no hard feelings, and I hope you find the Head-Fi community fun to take part in, I really do, but can you stop the public blaming everyone else for not getting or agreeing with you?

Jul 24, 2004 at 8:26 PM Post #36 of 155
I dont know where but i did compare them to some other headphones... but they dont deserve to be compared to the KSC35 and Portapro... both i previously owned...

Would you like me to do an extensive review, with many music passage analysis ... equipment match and pics? if i find the time i could do one...

i am currently busy listening a pair of ProAc Response 1S ... god these little things are sweet
wink.gif

Jul 24, 2004 at 8:36 PM Post #37 of 155
Again i am sorry... and i really like people here... and i dont reject everyones opinion... just the one with comparaison of the V150 and the yams that i find ridiculous...

Maybe i should me again... more precise in my statement... sometime the things i say are not aiming everybody...

When i said ( people are complaining... ) i was talking about the ones that pointing me as a troller or something ...

Its not fun to be called a troller, and some people were also rude and was taking nasty conclusion about me you know...
frown.gif
sniff...

But from now on i will be more respectfull, dont worry
wink.gif
thanks for the tips again...

i guess iam a little hard headed... + i have some trouble with my english... lol

Jul 24, 2004 at 8:39 PM Post #38 of 155
Quote:

I dont know where but i did compare them to some other headphones... but they dont deserve to be compared to the KSC35 and Portapro... both i previously owned...

Would you like me to do an extensive review, with many music passage analysis ... equipment match and pics? if i find the time i could do one...

That would be very helpful in persuading people to try the Yams. It doesn't need to be very extensive, just cover the overall differences and similarities and give a few specific examples that emphasise the differences/similarities.

Jul 24, 2004 at 8:45 PM Post #39 of 155
Cool, then i will prepare a little review... i dont expect to come to the same conclusion as Lindrone and Boodi, but i guess there will be similarities...
wink.gif

Jul 24, 2004 at 9:22 PM Post #40 of 155
Quote:

... just the one with comparaison of the V150 and the yams that i find ridiculous...

Ridiculous because the comparison is right on the ball. The Yamaha's are just a tad better than the horrid V150's and i stand by the statement after owning both and listening to both extensively.

Jul 24, 2004 at 9:47 PM Post #41 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco
Ridiculous because the comparison is right on the ball. The Yamaha's are just a tad better than the horrid V150's and i stand by the statement after owning both and listening to both extensively.

The guy has been using them as his reference for, what did he say?, three years? That's long enough to skew anyones view. I recently started using the E2's a lot which are pretty undetailed and rather dark. After a couple of days, my 280's and SR60's sound very bright and harsh. Your ears become used to hearing a song/songs a certain way, when that happens, everything else doesn't sound right. I also remember when I first got my HD 590's and compared them to my Panasonic HT355 (I think that's the model number). The 590's sounded better but considering the price difference, I wouldn't have said they were THAT much better. Of course after I'd had the 590's for a week or two, I went back to the HT355's out of curiosity... yikes!!! They sounded like absolute cheap garbage. The point is, while I'm sure his intentions are to help people find a decent/good headphone for the money, his views are likely to be rather skewed. Most likely, gloco, you're right, the Yamaha's are probably only slightly better than the V150's, but whatever, right? If he's happy with them, good for him.

Anyway, thanks Lindrone, for taking the time and spending the money to try to settle this thing...

Jul 24, 2004 at 10:15 PM Post #42 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil_JV
Oh okay, I won't believe anything you say until you have over five hundred posts because you are not a "trustworthy poster". Give the guy a chance. If they suck, they suck but for all you and I know they're the best under $100 phones out. He says he has been into hifi audio for a while so he must have some idea of what good sound is.

JV.

OK, well, I have 5000 plus, of BS posts, so what??? That doesn't make me any better than others, in fact I consider others with a lot of less posts, a more "trustworthy posters" than me, and that's for sure....But I have never heard them, and honestly I'm not interested in hearing them neither....
What I don't get, is why this hasle for a $50.00 cans, that probably doesn't even beat the portapros?... I have never heard them, but for sure they suck, in two years that I was visiting this forum, nobody had never heard of those, or at least there is nothing serious totalk about of them, and they are older than two years.
IMO they maybe sound decent for the price, but anything else......so please stop that hunting of this lost ghost.......there are a lot of better out of print headphones to look for, with the assurance of a lot of happy users....sorry buddy, nothing agaist you, but we are not looking at a miracle for sure looking for those....

Jul 24, 2004 at 10:17 PM Post #43 of 155
I'd have to say that my sentiments are much like Jasper's. SilentServices, no one here really doubts you, they just doubt the headphones. It's rather hard to maintain that approach though when you take every critique from a Head-Fi'er presonally. Try taking a break from your Yamaha's and let your ears "resettle". Try some other models and then go back to what you had -- raving and support are all good unless you've completely blinded yourself with your own cause. Personally, I know I let my EX70s get to the best of me -- when I bought the KSC-35s they seemed too thin and tinny.

Took a little break to hear things straight.

Jul 24, 2004 at 10:23 PM Post #44 of 155
Dont speak about the Portapros anymore please... and yes i use these since 2000, but i also have the Pioneer Monitor-10R and Grado RS-60... + experience with dozen of hifi home speakers like Kef, Paradigm, ProAc, AR, Soundcraft and IMF.

Jul 24, 2004 at 10:27 PM Post #45 of 155
Quote:

Dont speak about the Portapros anymore please... and yes i use these since 2000, but i also have the Pioneer Monitor-10R and Grado RS-60... + experience with dozen of hifi home speakers like Kef, Paradigm, ProAc, AR, Soundcraft and IMF.

And do you consider the Yam's sound better???
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back