End the mystery about the Yamaha RH5Ma - Lindrone could review them with your help !
Jul 24, 2004 at 10:32 PM Post #46 of 155
Through different music types... ranging from Classical to Techno the Yamaha are my favorite just a tad above the RS-60 that are more colored and leak too much...

Jul 24, 2004 at 10:33 PM Post #47 of 155
But one thing is sure... my Kef are my favorite
wink.gif

Jul 24, 2004 at 11:08 PM Post #48 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
The guy has been using them as his reference for, what did he say?, three years? That's long enough to skew anyones view. I recently started using the E2's a lot which are pretty undetailed and rather dark. After a couple of days, my 280's and SR60's sound very bright and harsh. Your ears become used to hearing a song/songs a certain way, when that happens, everything else doesn't sound right. I also remember when I first got my HD 590's and compared them to my Panasonic HT355 (I think that's the model number). The 590's sounded better but considering the price difference, I wouldn't have said they were THAT much better. Of course after I'd had the 590's for a week or two, I went back to the HT355's out of curiosity... yikes!!! They sounded like absolute cheap garbage. The point is, while I'm sure his intentions are to help people find a decent/good headphone for the money, his views are likely to be rather skewed. Most likely, gloco, you're right, the Yamaha's are probably only slightly better than the V150's, but whatever, right? If he's happy with them, good for him.

Anyway, thanks Lindrone, for taking the time and spending the money to try to settle this thing...

Agreed. That's what i've been trying to get at as well, you were able to point it down in text much better than i have.
redface.gif
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2004 at 2:03 AM Post #50 of 155
oh the flames... hehe...
but hey, if a guy thinks his Yams is good, and prefers it to any other headphones, then just let it be... thats according to his ears anyway, cant do anything about it..
im sure many people out there are still enjoying their V700s and Tripods and think they kick *****...

as long as hes not trying to shove his Yams, V600, or Tripod down to my throat...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

PS: never judge a member's knowledge based from postcount only. there are many geniuses here that only have post counts like 100 or 200 or so...
maybe because they find most of the topics are not enough to challenge their knowledge or to make post about it..
*cough...too many...cough.... A900s....cough....A500...cough...post....cough.... *
tongue.gif

take me for example. got 700+ post, and know next to nothing about hifi compared to experienced members around here...
biggrin.gif

another PS : mind you, im NOT credible...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2004 at 12:19 PM Post #51 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok
.....Im sure many people out there are still enjoying their V700s and Tripods and think they kick *****...

You could bet on that, the V700DJ is a nice pair of headphones, and IMO and IME nice sounding headphones, there is nothing wrong on loving those, of course there are a lot better headphones out there, the only complain with those IME is the comfort, do not place them in the same bag as the triports, please!!!!
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

Jul 25, 2004 at 6:41 PM Post #52 of 155
From the posts above I discovered that head-fi is an extremely amiable and open-minded society. Amazing for on-line hi-fi communities! So I will wait for Lindrone's review with open-mindedness and put off my purchase for Senn PX-100 for now.

Jul 25, 2004 at 6:44 PM Post #53 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
You could bet on that, the V700DJ is a nice pair of headphones, and IMO and IME nice sounding headphones, there is nothing wrong on loving those, of course there are a lot better headphones out there, the only complain with those IME is the comfort, do not place them in the same bag as the triports, please!!!!
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

No offense man, but those things lasted about 30 seconds on my head before I tore them off in disgust!!!

Jul 25, 2004 at 7:20 PM Post #54 of 155
Quote:

No offense man, but those things lasted about 30 seconds on my head before I tore them off in disgust!!!

Maybe you do not like them, that's fine, I upgraded them also, for a better ones, same case as others may not like the R-10, or HP-1, preference is all about. (And I'm not saying they are on the same class, OK?)
But they do sound good, and are nice looking headphones also, if you get them for e decent price used, even better, and they do sound loud also....If you let me choose, I will get them anytime over the Beyers I had tried, for example, and some others....My brother still has my drivers of my old pair of V700 in his V600 enclosure, much more comfortable, and they do sound very good indeed.....

No offense, man, but 30 seconds, wow!!! I was expecting a more time related experience to talk about a headphone sound at least......LOL.....We have enough of this kind of commnets here, what could you say about the sound of anything, in 30 seconds???....LOL....

Jul 25, 2004 at 7:22 PM Post #55 of 155
It's not a matter of postcount.. more like reputation. Some of the posters here could say something about a headphone, and regardless of whether we all agree with their opinion - and chances are we won't - we at least know that they're reasonably qualified to judge a headphone.

As a new poster, SilentServices has no reputation to fall back on. So when he comes in here and claims that a relatively-unknown Yamaha headphone can outperform other, more expensive headphones, some of which are known to be good performers.. those are extraordinary claims.. and you know what they say about extraordinary claims. Unfortunately, the only real way to prove the worth of a pair of headphones is to listen to them.. so Lindrone is going to listen to them. Great. But meanwhile, we get to hear things like this about the phones:

"It's closed, but there's no resonance at all! It sounds as good as any open phone!"
"The frequency response is perfectly flat, even down to 20 Hz!" (Later I think he changed his mind and said there was some rolloff.. well which is it?)
"This phone is popular in pro audio, you just don't know it!"

Along with posting only the positive reviews from some other site where the people posting reviews have no experience with good headphones and would probably gush over anything that cost more than $5.. you know how THAT is.

Jul 25, 2004 at 7:43 PM Post #56 of 155
Quote:

LOL. Same happen to me twice with the PX 200.

Jul 25, 2004 at 7:53 PM Post #57 of 155
v700 is just dreadful sounding. The highs are rolled of and extremely harsh. These headphones are so grainy I get ear fatigue in less then one song. They are also very muddy sounding. Anyone who thinks they sound decent has tin ears.

Biggie.

Jul 25, 2004 at 8:44 PM Post #58 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ
v700 is just dreadful sounding. The highs are rolled of and extremely harsh. These headphones are so grainy I get ear fatigue in less then one song. They are also very muddy sounding. Anyone who thinks they sound decent has tin ears.

Biggie.

Maybe I have tin ears....but this is not true at all, if you crank them up, maybe, but at normal listening levels it sounds decent, period......and please why stating that as a fact when not everybody agree with you on that? Better use IMO, IME, etc....we have some members that like them, and use them as their main headphones.

I'm not saying that they are the best sounding headphones out there, but they sound decent, similar to the V6, or the like (IMO better, is has a 50mm driver while the V6 has only a 40mm one)....I even preffer them to the DT770 and DT990 I tried, that cost more......and they are a lot easier to drive....They are DJ headphones keep that in mind also, and they sound pretty loud so to keep the volume at normal levels is very important to hear them properly....
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

But anyway, I know that they are not too popular here, and around here you have to like Senns, Grados, Etys, headphones talking (and I could made another small list for the amps) etc...to be popular, or you will quickly will fall into the insignificant minority, so I will not waste my time in a crusade, just to loose it.....just one remark, there are a lot of other cans, considered better headphones, that are not IMO and IME, and nobody complains about them.....end of my case....anyway, I do not have them, as I consider others better, and I have now what I like, so let's talk about the Yam's, right?

Jul 25, 2004 at 8:44 PM Post #59 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ

On top of that, the V700's "bass" response consists mostly of flabby, one-noted, severely bloated response from the mid-bass through the lower midrange. The real "bass"-ment is buried underneath that big, steaming pile of sh%tty midrange-bass.

very_evil_smiley.gif
Eagle.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 25, 2004 at 8:57 PM Post #60 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xplo

"It's closed, but there's no resonance at all! It sounds as good as any open phone!"
"The frequency response is perfectly flat, even down to 20 Hz!" (Later I think he changed his mind and said there was some rolloff.. well which is it?)
"This phone is popular in pro audio, you just don't know it!"

Along with posting only the positive reviews from some other site where the people posting reviews have no experience with good headphones and would probably gush over anything that cost more than $5.. you know how THAT is.

1- I never said they are closed... since they are Semi-Closed

2- They are FREE FROM RESONANCE

3- Never said they are as good as all open cans...

4- Never said they are flat down to 20 HZ... i said there is activity down to 20hz and evident bass response at 25hz. The rest of the spectrum is near flat... Yes!

5- The links i posted about people that like them are sometime pros... that are in position to judge if a can is good or not.

6- Many Pro in the recording industry use them... and i know it! I have friends in this business...

Now keep in mind that its not important if you dont believe me... the important thing is that we have some kind of fun arround these cans
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back