End-game Dac hunting 4-5k
Dec 30, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #121 of 132
How does the rockna wavelight compare though? I've looked into it but there aren't too many comparisons with the yggdrasil. When there are though, the yggdrasil normally comes pretty close. I'd rather not spend 2k more just for something that's close or comparable.

Dec 30, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #122 of 132
How does the rockna wavelight compare though? I've looked into it but there aren't too many comparisons with the yggdrasil. When there are though, the yggdrasil normally comes pretty close. I'd rather not spend 2k more just for something that's close or comparable.
Well looking at it that way, the Bifrost 2 also comes pretty close to the Yggdrasil.
Ultimately everyone has to decide for themselves, how much the "little" improvements are worth it for them.

I upgraded from an Oppo Sonica to the Rockna Wavelight. So I basically increased the price by a factor of 5, but it was totally worth it for me personally. The Wavelight is just THAT good.

Dec 30, 2020 at 10:02 PM Post #123 of 132
It's compares. My Audio wholesaler once told me he can afford any Dac in the world. He chooses the Rochna Wavelight.
I can only add its the most musical dac I've ever heard.

Dec 30, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #124 of 132
It's compares. My Audio wholesaler once told me he can afford any Dac in the world. He chooses the Rochna Wavelight.
I can only add its the most musical dac I've ever heard.
Wait. Is that whilst he sold you the Wavelight. :laughing: :wink:

Dec 31, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #129 of 132
I haven't read the whole thread, but I doubt anyone's mentioned the Questyle CAS192D Gold as yet. A truly superb DAC, especially for around $2500.

Jan 12, 2021 at 7:28 PM Post #131 of 132
I agree with this. A big part of me says to keep my Chord Qutest and skip the Hugo TT2+M-Scaler and save up for the DCS Bartok. If you think about it, since it's also a streamer AND you don't have to buy BNC cables that'd you need between the TT2 and M-Scaler, it's actually a pretty good value

initially yes, but you'll end up buying the Rossini clock to go with. it, which will force you to buy the BNC co-ax in the end :D The madness never stops......

Feb 13, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #132 of 132
I too highly recommend the Rockna Wavelight. I came from a Elac DDP-2 and the Rockna is a giant improvement. I have heard the YGGY but not in my system, but I have read a few comparisons to YGGY and each one says that Wavelight bests it. It will also receive FPGA updates (like a PS Audio Directstream) which makes it a substantial upgrade to the YGGY imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back