enable spdif dell e1505 w7pro
Aug 9, 2011 at 12:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

satwilson

100+ Head-Fier
Have Senhd280pro, looking to buy Aune mini Dac. Anyway, my Dell e1505 manual describes spdif output via svideo output converter cable, manual using XP. I have upgraded to w7pro and the spdif option in speakers-options- advanced does not exist. We all know it is better to use spdif/dac rather than USB. I am a noob, and have spent hours trying to get this done. I have not bought the adapter cable yet to even test functionality until I can enable spdif. There are advanced options in w7 audio to select bit rate/ speed from 16/44100hz to 24/192000. Is spdif already enabled? Other forums suggest older drivers could offer this option. Sorry, no other forums offer any suggestions as to how to do this. You folks seem to have the technical background and years spent doing this audio stuff that give me hope that I can get some help here.

Aug 10, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks Roseval, it was a driver issue. Long story, computer came with XP, updated to vista, then w7. Audio always worked fine, but recently wanted to use spdif output as described in manual(XP based) for options using outboard dacs. Dell E1505 has Sigmatel Stac 9200 HD audio device. After w7 install the Stac 9200 was using a Windows 2010 verxxxxxxx driver, no spdif option available. Installed a Stac 9200 vista driver and voila, SPDIF NOW AVAILABLE! I am a happy boy. Just wanted to fill in the details in case anyone else has this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back