EMU0404 winamp asio - no sound unless resample
Aug 13, 2008 at 8:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

eruditass

Previously known as DoomzDayz
using winamp and that japanese ASIO plugin, half of the songs do not work unless I resample to something other than 44100. I can't find a difference between songs that do and don't work - both have 44100 Hz sample rates, similar bitrates, joint stereo, etc.

ASIO4ALL instead of the emu driver have the same results. EMU control panel displays the sample rate as 44.1kHz locked with songs that work and dont work.

Newest EMU drivers, firmware, ASIO plugin version, updated winamp too. Also, gapless mode isn't very good with this program, the long buffers make it actually not play the last moments of many songs. shorter buffers means static and skipping. any ideas?

Aug 14, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #2 of 6
I tried this and didn't face problems like yours (not the latest Winamp though) ... could it be the files. Does those files work well with other players which supports ASIO (natively). NI player listed in my sig. or J.River Media JukeBox 12 perhaps.

Does the driver sample-rate get changed automatically by the source when you use Asio4All driver ("native" ASIO does work this way) since it's a WDM/KS wrapper.

jiitee

Aug 14, 2008 at 6:02 AM Post #3 of 6
foobar

/thread.

Winamp is just not meant for good sound quality that is highly configuable.

Aug 14, 2008 at 8:27 AM Post #4 of 6
...It has nothing to do with Winamp (which btw is way better than foobar) but this happens because the Emu Vista drivers suck. You must go into Control Panel, Sounds and select Emu's preference. From there you must set it to 44100 hz. Then when your Emu control panel is 44100 too, will sounds come out.

In previous versions this happened automatically, but not anymore.

Aug 17, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #5 of 6
I'm using windows XP so I don't have that option. However, I found out that it was the DSP I had running that I forgot about since theres no control panel or anything.

The problem was HeadPlug, a well known customizable audiophile backed crossfeed plugin, but also the well known uncustomizable crossfeed causes the same problem, and for some reason resampling back to 44.1 doesnt do anything.

Anyone know a plug-in that works? perhaps I will move this to hydrogenaudio then..

Apr 10, 2010 at 8:49 AM Post #6 of 6
ooh yes, 2 years later, this helps me solving the same problem! I love forums! Had a plugin installed which caused the same problem ... mmmh, now all playin'
thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back