EMU 1212M gives Lynx Two a run for its money
Apr 6, 2004 at 7:40 PM Post #47 of 58
Listening tests? Fo sho!

I'm buying this card as we speak, and will be mailing it to Iron_Dreamer.

He's going to bypass the analog output stage, and do a Head To Head with his similarly modded RME.

Should be quite fun
biggrin.gif

EDIT: DOh! Put my address to ship to instead of Iron's.. and i'm too lazy to call and fix it
wink.gif

So it might be ~a week or more before he has opinions.. poop. In any case, stay alert, peopel curious on the EMU, he should have a good review up some time fairly soon!
biggrin.gif

Apr 6, 2004 at 8:14 PM Post #50 of 58
Who sells this card for a good price? (and ships to Canada if possible)? I am more interested in it as a measurement instrument though
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 7, 2004 at 9:26 PM Post #53 of 58
Does the second card actually plug into anything with an electrical connection?

I'm wondering if the adjacent slot can be any slot and it only uses the edge connector or if it is counting on a PCI slot for some sort of electrical connection (power, etc.).

Apr 7, 2004 at 9:56 PM Post #54 of 58
The I/O card doesn't plug into the PCI slot. It only uses the bracket.

Apr 7, 2004 at 10:08 PM Post #55 of 58
Quote:

I think they all run at about $200 right now.

well, if it's at Guitar Center, you can ALWAYS haggle with them, and they will ALWAYS lower the price from their asking "sale" price. if the guy doesn't want to do the deal, you can ask the manager, who usually can lower the price more than the normal salespeople.

never pay their asking price at GC, even knowing it's low to begin with. they will always give you a better deal if you bug them. i have not once paid their asking price in the past 3 years, even on stupid $50 items. they will still work with you.

the only exception is on blowout heavily-discounted stuff. and no, this doesn't mean those green tag or whatever so called "blowout" deals... those aren't the true blowouts--that's just part of their advertising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back