Empirical Audio Benchmark DAC-1 Turbo Mod - opinions?
Sep 4, 2005 at 11:03 AM Post #91 of 94
My opinion is that the volume pot is probably the culprit.

And it's not that bad, but I've been spoiled with my mpx3, so compared to that....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L
Even though I myself heard this headphone out indifference, I still don't understand why. One can think of DAC1 as a great DAC section feeding a simple opamp headphone amp, and the only explanation would be that the headphone section is so low-resolution as to bottleneck the difference in DAC's.

I've tried a bunch of headphones on DAC1 headphone output, and I didn't think it was THAT bad...

Sep 4, 2005 at 12:29 PM Post #92 of 94
Could Beauregard and PhilS take this to PM already, we're tired of kids fighting over petty things and thread crapping at the same time. Grow up.

Thanks woodcan for the pics and opinions, they helped quite alot
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 4, 2005 at 5:13 PM Post #93 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by woodcans
My opinion is that the volume pot is probably the culprit.

And it's not that bad, but I've been spoiled with my mpx3, so compared to that....

This is what I suspect as well. I would like to try to improve the volume circuit itself in a future mod. I have some ideas, but the 4-layer board makes it a bit difficult....

Steve N.

Sep 4, 2005 at 5:27 PM Post #94 of 94
Let's cool it with all the bickering, or I'll have to lock the thread. I don't like doing that, so let's keep it civil, please. Thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back