Empire Ears X Effect Audio Giveaway // 2017 EMPIRE SPRING SALE
Apr 2, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #166 of 265
For something slightly more obscure, perhaps Xenios and Xenia, male and female aspects of Zeus and Athena respectively. It would be especially appropriate for a pair of flagships.

I'm currently using Primo 8s fed by a Dragonfly Black v1.5. It's a nice set-up, but I've been starting to crave something a bit higher up the audio food chain...

Apr 2, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #168 of 265
Well, my current setup is a Laptop with Spotify Premium as the source, going to Schiit Fulla 2 and then to either Noble X, 64 Audio U4-SE, 1More Triples,and the occasional iPhone's Airpods (Because it was free) or ATH-MSR7

Other than that, it's Spotify through my iPhone 6s

As for the flagship name, I have 2 suggestions:

1. Bellona: She's the goddess of war, of conquest and of peace. To me, the name exudes a sense of power and authority, yet also evokes the sense of security. I imagine the new flagship model to sound powerful, yet refined enough that you feel safe using these with any songs.

2. Aletheia: According to the mythology, Aletheia is one of the daughter of Zeus. Since the name means truth, or uncolouredness, then it is only fair that the sound of it should be the true reference sound, Empire Ears' style. I imagine it'd be incisive, and approachable

Apr 3, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #171 of 265
 ​
My non facebook entry:

Current in-ear setup: Noble audio X (massdrop), Gr07, Zero Audio Carbo Tenores. 
Head-fi Handle: Nusho
Why I need Zeus-XR: I want to venture into the world of high end audio, and from what I've read, the Zeus-XR is up there with the best of the best. 

Name: Empire Ears Euros

Apr 3, 2017 at 1:07 AM Post #172 of 265
Empire Ears Kratos - No matter the god's you've been using, he will slay them all :)

Headfi Handle: Leobigfield
My current setup:
- Xduoo X10 DAP
- Sennheiser OMX980
- Hisound Audio HA-2
- HIDIZS EP-3 
- VE Monk Candy Limited Edition

- TY-HI-Z 150Ohm
- Mee Audio Pinnacle P1
- Audio-Technica CKS990
Why you need the Zeus-XR in your collection: This is my best chance to listen to the best 
1f642.png

Apr 3, 2017 at 5:41 AM Post #173 of 265
The next series should be the Titans of the Greek Mythology: Coeus, Crius, Cronus, Hyperion, Iapetus, Oceanus

Apr 3, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #175 of 265
New flagship name: Victia or Victicus.

I don't know, I sorta think it fits nicely with the "Empire Ears" theme.

Apr 3, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #177 of 265
Current in-ear setup: iBasso DX50 --> Westone 4R

Would definitely LOVE to add a ZEUS-XR to my collection. I commute daily now on public transit, so these days I find it harder to listen to my desktop rig. This would definitely be a great step to push me to upgrade my portable player!

NEW Product name: Aether

I found the wikipedia definition to be very appropriate and inspiring as a flagship model:

Aether /ˈiːθər/ or Aither (Æthere, Ancient Greek: Αἰθήρ, pronounced [aitʰɛ̌ːr]), in ancient Greece, was one of the primordial deities. Aether is the personification of the upper air.[1] He embodies the pure upper air that the gods breathe, as opposed to the normal air (ἀήρ, aer) breathed by mortals.

EDIT: It was brought to my attention that Aether is already used by another IEM. Then my vote is for Hyperion.

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #179 of 265
I've only ever "splurged" on full-sized headphones for home use, and I genuinely think my portable game is the weakest part of my life/collection! I'm currently using Zero Audio's Carbo Tenore IEMs powered by an Audioquest Dragonfly Red, using my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge as a source playing FLAC. These would seriously put straight into "mobile end-game" territory!

I think a great name for an upcoming flagship would be "Khan" - after all, the Khans of the Mongolian Empire ruled over the greatest empire (in terms of land-mass) in history. Would be a pretty good fit IMHO.  

Apr 4, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #180 of 265
Again going with Greek mythology (I loved that since I am half-Greek) I would go with Dion-S.
It comes from Dionysus the Greek god of fertility, wine. He was celebrated with music and dancing. I associate him with musical festivities. What better way to enjoy music than a kick-ass IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back