Empire Ears Legend X or Noble Audio Khan
Apr 14, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #2 of 11
I've listed to both the Khan and the Empire Ears Odin, and I would say Khan slightly out edges the Odin in terms of clarity and punch. If you want more bass I would say go with Odin/Legend X, but if you wanted more separation, cleanness and better soundstage I think Khan is the better choice.

Khan pretty much has the best vocals if you listen to a lot of pop music or rock, and it totally out classed my u12t and Solaris SE in every regard.

Both are excellent headphones and I think it basically comes down to your preference. There is a article on majorhifi that compares these two headphones.

For me its Legend X < Odin < Khan.

Apr 14, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #3 of 11
Also paring the Khan with the Hugo 2 is just insane! Khan benefits from a amp with a lot of power. The SP1000 can only drive it to its 80% potential, but that is just my opinion.

Apr 14, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #5 of 11
Encore if you want more bass

Apr 14, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #6 of 11
I've listed to both the Khan and the Empire Ears Odin, and I would say Khan slightly out edges the Odin in terms of clarity and punch. If you want more bass I would say go with Odin/Legend X, but if you wanted more separation, cleanness and better soundstage I think Khan is the better choice.

Khan pretty much has the best vocals if you listen to a lot of pop music or rock, and it totally out classed my u12t and Solaris SE in every regard.

Both are excellent headphones and I think it basically comes down to your preference. There is a article on majorhifi that compares these two headphones.

For me its Legend X < Odin < Khan.
Interesting take. I'd say you have a minority opinion about the Khan, but since audio is so subjective, I won't dispute it.

Crinacle, rates the Khan as a B+. Odin is S- and LegendX is A+ Not that he's the be all and end all of IEM rankings as he isn't. But, it does give you a perspective from someone who has heard, measured and analyzed well over 800 IEMs.

https://crinacle.com/rankings/iems/

It's worth listening to them all before making such a large purchase.

Apr 14, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #7 of 11
Interesting take. I'd say you have a minority opinion about the Khan, but since audio is so subjective, I won't dispute it.

Crinacle, rates the Khan as a B+. Odin is S- and LegendX is A+ Not that he's the be all and end all of IEM rankings as he isn't. But, it does give you a perspective from someone who has heard, measured and analyzed well over 800 IEMs.

Actually, I could agree with the previous oppinion. It's more aligned with my experience.
But I will rate:
Odin > Khan ~ LegendX

For me strange that Khan B+, and LegendX A+.
They are different, but it's not a different level.
Khan looks more natural and detailed.
LegendX more fun with more punch and bass.
And for me they both are great. Maybe a would prefer Khan, but with a very minor rate difference. Sound of course differs a lot.

But for me is interesting how others who heard both models - rate them.

Apr 15, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #8 of 11

Not claiming to have golden ears (or even like... bronze) but Crinacle is... Horrible. Every time I see him brought up as the go-to it makes me legitimately sad. Yes, he's made a name for himself and good on him from that perspective, but I find it infuriating that what he likes is "the best" now to the point he has a custom tuned version of an extremely popular IEM. This feels like the start of Brawndo brand IEMs -- "It's got what ears need!"

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #9 of 11
Not claiming to have golden ears (or even like... bronze) but Crinacle is... Horrible. Every time I see him brought up as the go-to it makes me legitimately sad. Yes, he's made a name for himself and good on him from that perspective, but I find it infuriating that what he likes is "the best" now to the point he has a custom tuned version of an extremely popular IEM. This feels like the start of Brawndo brand IEMs -- "It's got what ears need!"
Crinacle gave U12t a S so I went out and bought them. Pretty disappointed as I feel they are extremely motionless. I brought the U12t to a store to compare it with the Khan and Odin, both blew the U12t out of the water imo.

Apr 18, 2021 at 2:16 AM Post #11 of 11
Hi all.

Interested in two models:
- Empire Ears Legend X
- Noble Audio Khan
- something else similar?

What will you prefer, and why?

Thanks for your opinions!

P.S. no chance to listen in advance.
To my ears, Legend X has the bigger bass while the Khan has the more natural sounding midrange. I prefer the Khan for listening to most genres, while the LX is more satisfying to listen to bassy tracks.
Another alternative that I'd suggest would be the 64 Audio Nio. It has a big explosive bass with deep reach down low, and good rather warm mids. Plus, you can change its module to attenuate its bass, and highlight the mids more. Adaptable for both worlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back