Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC
Nov 26, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #661 of 903

That may very well be the case. As my 650s have balanced cables I wasn't able to try them on the DC-1. 

Enjoy.

Please pardon my ignorance here, but does the 650 not have a removable cable?

I have been under the impression that if a headphone has a removable cable, then you can buy a balanced cable to plug into it, or swap back to the factory cable any time.

Is that not the reality of how balanced cables work?

I am seriously a N00b when it comes to this stuff.
redface.gif

Nov 26, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #662 of 903

I have been under the impression that if a headphone has a removable cable, then you can buy a balanced cable to plug into it, or swap back to the factory cable any time.

redface.gif

That is true, but at least in my case the cables were not that easy to change. The connectors on the headphone cups were very tight. I really don't want to be pulling them out any more then I have to. I have a balanced to open ended adapter on the way but as I said I really plan to use the 650s exclusively balanced and exclusively on the Cavalli LC.

Nov 26, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #663 of 903

redface.gif

You can totally swap the 650 cables, I take mine out frequently. I recently had the stock cable reterminated to be balanced, complete with a balanced->single-ended adapter, from a guy on Etsy.

Nov 26, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #664 of 903
  That is true, but at least in my case the cables were not that easy to change. The connectors on the headphone cups were very tight. I really don't want to be pulling them out any more then I have to. I have a balanced to open ended adapter on the way but as I said I really plan to use the 650s exclusively balanced and exclusively on the Cavalli LC.

AH, gotcha. It's simply a matter of wear and tear.

You can totally swap the 650 cables, I take mine out frequently. I recently had the stock cable reterminated to be balanced, complete with a balanced->single-ended adapter, from a guy on Etsy.

Good deal.I am hoping the connectors are fairly robust, as I think it would be great to have it so that you can switch it up, depending on the amp you have available to you (maybe at a meet, friends house, etc.).

I currently do not have a balanced amp, but would like to get one on the future, for sure. Having this kind of flexibility would certainly be nice IMO.

Jan 13, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #669 of 903
Does anybody use the balanced output into their headphones.

balanced out is not amped, I believe it is just a line out voltage. Probably not sufficient to drive your headphones. I used it as pre outs for my BHA-1. What cans are you running?

Jan 13, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #670 of 903
Does anybody use the balanced output into their headphones.

I use the balanced outputs into a Cavalli Liquid Carbon and then into headphones.

Jan 16, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #672 of 903
Jan 16, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #673 of 903
Looks like Emotiva released a bunch of new products at CES2016, including a new Emersa EPA-1. Maybe @KeithEmo can get us the inside scoop, but it looks like it features new gadgetry in terms of connectivity:

In stereo mode, the EPA-1 can be connected to a standard stereo power amp or a pair of powered speakers. In 2.1-channel mode, the main outputs on the EPA-1 can be configured with a fixed 80 Hz high-pass crossover, and a separate summed output is provided to connect a subwoofer.

With the Emersa EPA-1, support for various digital audio options provided by installing one of three optional Digital Input modules:

• The DAC1 input module provides basic support for streaming audio via USB

• The DAC2 input module offers an audiophile-quality USB audio input featuring an AKM 32-bit D/A converter

• The Universal Streaming module offers digital audio streaming via USB, WiFi, Bluetooth, and Ethernet connections

Emersa EPA-1 (MSRP: $599): Contemporary stereo preamp with digital audio inputs. An intelligent graphical OLED display automatically provides full support for the options installed. Standard support for 4 pairs of stereo line level analog inputs and one moving magnet phono input.

Jan 16, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #674 of 903
  Looks like Emotiva released a bunch of new products at CES2016, including a new Emersa EPA-1. Maybe @KeithEmo can get us the inside scoop, but it looks like it features new gadgetry in terms of connectivity:

I saw that. I liked the two channel amp and preamp combo.
L3000.gif

Jan 17, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #675 of 903

Ya think they would have the website at least ready for a simuatainous release as the CES show?
When I worked for Harley Davidson, the moment the doors opened for that years IMS show someone at corp hit a button and all the new product releases that were being introduced at the yearly show went live at HD.com. The whole world knows at the exact same second whats new for that year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back