Emotiva GR-1 headphones
Oct 28, 2020 at 1:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

Beagle

His body's not a canvas, and he wasn't raised by apes.
Are these planar or dynamic? I could not ascertain this in Steve Guttenberg's review. Or maybe I just missed it.

Oct 28, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #2 of 40
Frequency response 28– 24,500 Hz Sound pressure level (SPL) 106 dB THD, total harmonic distortion 0,05% Contact pressure 6.0 N ± 1 N Ear coupling circumaural Connector 3.5mm TRS with 1/4” TRS adaptor Cable length 2 meter Transducer principle Dynamic, open back.

Oct 28, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #3 of 40
Frequency response 28– 24,500 Hz Sound pressure level (SPL) 106 dB THD, total harmonic distortion 0,05% Contact pressure 6.0 N ± 1 N Ear coupling circumaural Connector 3.5mm TRS with 1/4” TRS adaptor Cable length 2 meter Transducer principle Dynamic, open back.
Where did you find this? I couldn't find anything on them.

Oct 28, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #5 of 40
Are these planar or dynamic? I could not ascertain this in Steve Guttenberg's review. Or maybe I just missed it.

Damn you're fast. lol. Already a dedicated thread. I just came across this clip. At $300, more likely a dynamic driver. But who knows. I'm definitely interested. I've been hooked on mid range cans lately. So many good options and so much better bang for buck than the flagships.

Oct 29, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #7 of 40
I also noticed it says:

• PETE (polyethylene) diaphragm with vapor deposited graphene lattice
  • Nominal impedance 32Ω
  • Weight without cable 240 grams

Wow 240g. That is super light.

Oct 31, 2020 at 6:06 AM Post #11 of 40
Review up from Josh:

That was painfull. All that talk about outsourcing parts when it's pretty much obvious Emotiva just ordered headphones from Sivga and requested their logo on it. Anyone else bored with this thing happening over and over and over again?

- So it has a monoprice headband(which Josh does mention). That Monoprice model is made by Sivga.
- It has Sivga Phoenix case. I think Sendy Aiva has that box too. Sendy is also made by Sivga.
- Cable connectors are same as on Sivga Phoenix
- Pads are thicker at the bottom. Like on Phoenix and Aiva.
- Cup dimensions look pretty much the same as on Phoenix. Also that wood has that lip which most chinese wood headphones have had for years now. Phoenix, Bosshifi, Blon, msur etc
- Maybe Emotiva had a say in the tuning but Josh pretty much described the soundsignature of Phoenix.

Talk about outsourcing some parts... :unamused:

Oct 31, 2020 at 6:46 AM Post #12 of 40
Maybe Emotiva had a say in the tuning but Josh pretty much described the soundsignature of Phoenix.

the Phoenix has a polyethylene diaphragm with a vapor deposited graphene lattice? I am surprised no one has mentioned that before in all the Sivga Phoenix reviews or did I miss something? 😅

Oct 31, 2020 at 7:04 AM Post #14 of 40
No, it's a different driver. But propably next Sivga headphone will have it. My point was that we don't get new headphones from new manufacturers introducing themselves to the headphone game. We get new headphones with mostly the same parts we've seen before from the same manufactures just with new logos. Not saying it's a bad headphone. But it would be cool to see fresh designs. If it's not chinese oem's it's stuff we've seen before sold on drop for a cheaper price. It's good time to be in this hobby. High quality sound has never been cheaper. But with all the rebrands, re-releses and rehashes it's just quite boring.

Oct 31, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #15 of 40
No, it's a different driver

Then, it’s not the Sivga Phoenix.😊

But I hear you - but I’d actually still be excited to hear what Emotiva ordered up. I still love my BLON B20 even though everyone knows it’s just one variation of many of the Sendy Aiva.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back